New iBook, small problem

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by ShaggyLR, May 27, 2004.

1. macrumors member

I have tonight bought my new 12" iBook and I'm loving every minute of it. However, I have encountered a small problem. It seems that every 5 minutes or so I get a message "reminding" me that I am still connected to the internet, and would like to know if I would like to stay logged on or disconnect. Of course I say stay connected. But if I am downloading something large, this stops the download. Any ideas as to why this happens? I never had this message appear before on my iMac running OS 10.2. Seems very odd.

I am running my Internet through the Ethernet port.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

Edit: Damn, I check check and check....can;t figure it out.....then I post and find the problem 2 minutes later. Typical. I love my iBook :)

2. Guest

iGary

What preference did you change to fix it - curious.

3. macrumors member

It was within the Network preferences....in the PPPoE section and clicked on PPPoE Options.

Dave

4. macrumors 68020

glad we could help! ;) :D

5. macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

Imagine how boring forums would be if everyone's as smart as you. Bravo. All the one post wonder members should learn from you.

6. macrumors 65816

rueyeet

I get into most of my trouble on the Mac assuming things are going to be more complicated than they are. :)

I'd also like to know which preference was causing this, as I use PPPoE as well.