new ibook trackpad problems

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by abhishekit, Nov 17, 2003.

1. abhishekit macrumors 65816

Nov 6, 2003
    akron , ohio
    i got a new ibook g4 a few weeks back....
    now sometimes my trackpad goes wierd...the pointer keeps running in one direction..
    what should i do?i did not take the apple care plan...but i guess this should be covered in 1 year warranty...
    and is it a point of worry and my trackpad wont work after sometime....or its not a big deal???
    any experience would be helpful
  2. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Make sure its not dirty that could be it, also when you are using your finger are you inadverntanly hitting the pad with one of your other fingers this can cause the pointer to fly to different parts of the screen.
    If that is not it take it to a dealer and have them replace the trackpad, luckily its not attached to the MLB, so it should be a simple fix.
  3. sdh macrumors newbie

Dec 10, 2003
    im having the same problems. ]the trackpad just goes crazy and will only move in 2 directs in this really jumpy way that makes it impossible to select anything. for me it stops if i quit the application i am running or i just wait a couple minutes.

it doesnt seem to be specific to any application either.
  4. wolverine macrumors newbie

Nov 21, 2003
    I experienced similar problems last night on my 4 day old 12" iBook. Sometimes the pointer would just freeze until I clicked the button. Sometimes it moved real fast too.

I ended up having to plug my mouse in.