New iBook w/ Superdrive....is it DL?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by zagato27, Jul 29, 2005.

1. zagato27 macrumors 65816

zagato27

I've been waiting like lots of people for the new, updated iBook. Well, a bit let down but the new version does better the old. One thing that I can't seem to find is wether or not the superdrive is dual layer. I'm pretty sure that all the new G5's etc w/ superdrive are dual layer but can't find any documentation on Apple site as to wether or not the iBook's superdrive is dual layer. Any help would be appreciated. Thks. Also, am buying the 14" iBook for my daughter (college freshman). As it now has BT standard, any recommendations on a BT mouse that works w/ Tiger. Thks again. Cheers

2. chucknorris macrumors 6502a

chucknorris

Not even the powerbook's superdrive is dual-layer regretably. My advice would be to downgrade to combo, and buy an external (likely dual-layer and much, much faster).

3. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

4. gammamonk macrumors 6502a

gammamonk

Right now, there's no way to get a superdrive in the 12" ibook, right? Only in the 14? That's too bad... The new 12", while not revolutionary, is much more affordable than before. (built in stuff you used to have to pay for)

I want an macintel mini anyway. Pentium M's rock.

5. gammamonk macrumors 6502a

gammamonk

Sorry, I forgot to put this part in my last post-- Are there any external DVD writers that support iDVD? I have an external single-layer FW 400 drive, and while it works fine in Toast, it doesn't do much else.

Does anyone have a recommendation for myself, and the author of this thread?

6. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

yes they will all support iTunes and iDVD if you install the following patch called PatchBurn it can be found at www.patchburn.de

SHadOW :)