New iBook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by xy14, May 25, 2004.

1. xy14 macrumors 6502

xy14

I currently have a 14" iBook G4 933 Mhz and I was wondering if I should sell it on eBay for about $1100-1200 and buy either a new iBook 12" 1 ghz or a 17" iMac. Please tell me:

1)If I should get a new computer

and

2)If I should get the iMac or iBook.

I do not really need the portability, but I like laptops just because they are so small.

In my signature, it says i have an iMac but that is the one i want.

2. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

First thing that I'd do is wait for WWDC. There is a big possiblity that new iMacs will be announced (and maybe even G5's :eek: ).

Then, you have to decide whether you really need more power. That iBook seems pretty good for most things, so unless you're doing video editing, heavy photoshop, graphics design or running intense games, what you have is good.

Best wishes,
    JOD8FY

3. wide macrumors 6502a

Get the iMac -- but wait until WWDC first

like JOD8FY said, wait till WWDC.

I would reccommend the iMac for you, especially considering how it might have a G5 processor in it soon. Also, get an Educational Discount so you can get a better computer for a smaller price.

I don't know if you were thinking about this, but you can get a PowerBook 12-inch for $1399 with the student discount...I think that's the best choice of all.

4. nyprospect macrumors 6502

5. wide macrumors 6502a

No..but maybe an aluminum hemisphere to replace the white plastic one? And how about a slot-loading superdrive and 128 or 256 megabytes of vram?