New Ibook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Loft, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Loft macrumors newbie

i bought a 12" PB around 2 months ago, i bought it because of the cram and jam promo, now apple comes out with the new ibook, it makes me wonder, now that the ibook has as much power as a 12" PB, is the ibook a better alternative? i have a PB but i'm starting to think that you can get the same quality laptop for a much lesser price via the ibook. please enlighten me PB owners, is the "new" ibook now better than our 12" 1.25ghz PB?

2. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

What?

Who cares? The pbook still has faster ram, fsb, better video card, better connectivity and a much nicer screen. Just be happy with what you have.

3. russed macrumors 68000

russed

you should be happy with what you have. i have a 1ghz pb and i love it. a computer is always going to be out of date within a few months whatever happens. its a fact of life. i would definatly still say that your pb is better than the new 12" ibook, even if its just because of the keyboard and the fact that it looks far far better. then you get to the internals and it is definatly better!

enjoy what you have!

4. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

Your 2 month old PB has a 1.33GHz processor (there was never a 1.25GHz 12" PB) and will be faster than the current iBooks. It also has a core-image compatible video card with twice the VRAM (64MB). Not to mention it's smaller and more stylish and has DVI out, official screen spanning, etc. In other words, it's better than the iBook.

The only way the iBook is better compared with your PB is that it's cheaper, but in selling your PB and getting the iBook, you'll lose that advantage anyway (and I'm not sure you're allowed to do that if you had it has part of a multi-deal promotion).

PowerBooks are better than iBooks which is why they're more expensive. Enjoy it :cool:

5. Loft thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you!

thanks for your replys! im very satisfied with my powerbook! thank you again for enlightening me!

6. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

There will always come new machines, but the 12" Powerbook is still the best and sleekest 12-incher on the mac market. :D

The ibook is maybe a better value than the powerbook now, but the powerbook is still faster, lighter, cooler and has more features.