New iBooks?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by CoMpX, Jun 29, 2005.

1. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

According to the Buyers Guide, iBooks should have been updated a while ago. Does anyone know if they will be updated anytime soon? I have read rumors about the widescreen iBooks but it says that they won't be until 2006. I want to get an iBook by the latest September because it is for school. Will they be updated in time for September or should I just buy the currnet model now? I an asking this because I want to get it as soon as possible but I don't want to buy it ans then Apple updates them the next week.

Any advice please? :)

2. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

ibooks are overdue but it could be tomorrow or next week or the month after

same advice as always - if you need one ! buy one now , if you can wait then wait

3. public enemy macrumors regular

public enemy

buy now and get a free ipod mini with your student discount!

4. CoMpX thread starter macrumors 65816

CoMpX

REALLY!!!!!!?!????? Where did you see this offer? This is just what I wanted. Could you please post me the link where you saw this?

Thanks!
    Joe

5. CoMpX thread starter macrumors 65816

CoMpX

Oh..never mind. I found it and it's only for college students. I am going into highschool .Bummer. I got really excited. LOL! :D :)

Thanks anyway!

6. lizard79 macrumors member

then buy them now and get the ipod discount..
    even if they there are new ibooks in end of september, they won't arrive at your housedoor before october...

7. CoMpX thread starter macrumors 65816

CoMpX

Believe me, I would buy now and get the iPod mini if I were in college. I am going into high school and this offer is for college students only.

8. CoMpX thread starter macrumors 65816

CoMpX

I am seeing a lot of paeople say they they are going to wait until July 7th and that's it. There seem to be some rumors floating around that iBooks will be updated on the 7th. Does anyone see the significance of this besides me? Does anyone else have any input about July 7th? :confused:

9. timmyb macrumors 6502

There is an Apple press event on the 7th, probably for the iTunes phone but there could just be a new iBook unveiled as well. Nobody really knows anything, it's just speculation.

10. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

You don't know anyone that works at a University or at a school grades K-12, or on the School Board, or an officier of the PTA? They are also eligible.

Also if you have been accepted to college you qualify.

11. CoMpX thread starter macrumors 65816

CoMpX

Nope!