New iCal in Panther?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BWhaler, Jul 22, 2003.

1. BWhaler macrumors 68020

BWhaler

Of all the info I have read on the Panther preview, there doesn't seem to be anything on iCal.

Can someone who has the preview of Panther comment as to why? Is there a new version of iCal? If so, what is it like?

(I'm asking because after the pain of getting my data out of Outlook on the PC during my switch, I promised myself no more proprietary file formats unless I had no choice, e.g. the Office monopoly.

So, I've been using the included iApps, and pleased overall except for iCal. It is very poor--almost unusable--in my opinion, and I am hoping for a serious update.)

Thanks in advance for any insight.

2. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

3. BWhaler thread starter macrumors 68020

BWhaler

Thanks iJon.

This does break my heart though. However, I have faith that Apple knows iCal is sub-par and is working on a better version. I just hope it is coming soon...

Gotta be optimistic while I fumble with 1.1 :)

4. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

i think apple should do with ical like the do other iapps, make a pro version. apple loses a lot of ical users to entourage, but ical is pretty good, its easy to use and looks very nice.

iJon

5. janey macrumors 603

janey

iCal is free, unlike Entourage :p
    besides, it's a free iApp so Apple doesn't really have to work on it if they don't want to, unlike other apps like iPhoto and iMovie.

6. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

iphoto and imovie are free...perhaps i misread your post, cause it just doesn't make sense.

7. janey macrumors 603

janey

iCal doesn't have a pro equivalent but the other iApps like iMovie have FCE/FCP, iPhoto has Photoshop, iTunes has a lot of other equivalents and so does iChat...entourage isn't exactly...well...