new iChat AV quite amazing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by windwaves, Jun 25, 2003.

1. windwaves macrumors regular

dudes,
    after the keynotes, I came home, quickly downloaded the new iChat, connected my FW videocam - a friend of mine in France, Paris was doing exactly the same ... and guess what, in no time we were videoconferencing across the atlantic. Pretty f****g amazing !!!! I am amazed, at least - I just can't believe it, nothing to set, no coonfiguration whatsoever. Simply cool

2. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

i like this one a lot more. they fixed a whole lot of problems. i still wish i could view away messages above profiles like in AIM, and i also wish i could make my own profile, but everything else i was complaining about is OK. except animated GIFs. that one is still bugging me.

3. Osglith macrumors newbie

Well, it IS a BETA!!

I've been using the heck out of AV, and it does need some work. I wish you could have Audio chats (or Video) with multiple people. I don't seem to have a way of doing it. I do like how it will auto-mute iTunes when somebody calls you, but then you don't seem to be able to play iTunes at a lower rate after you have started your chat... If Apple REALLY dove into this program it would kick some butt. We may never get the level of net-meeting, but some added features would make this little app sing and dance!

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I'd love to try it myself, but I don't have the camera. I'd like to borrow one before spending the money, though.

Maybe I'll go to the Apple store and try it out :D

D

5. Schiffi macrumors 6502a

Schiffi

I've noticed a lot of ppl saying they have icons, but they don't appear in my buddy list. Also, being able to make the icons full size would be a plus.

I would also like to iChat more integrated with AIM. Being able to conference with PC webcams using AIM would be cool.

6. couch potato macrumors regular

heh yeah it is really cool, but i haven't been able to get a camera yet:(

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

How fast does the connection need to be to use the video features? All I can find is "broadband" - I'd like a number. I'm on DSL but it's not particularly fast.

8. LucasLand macrumors 6502a

LucasLand

With DSL

I have DSL and iSight works great with it.

iSight also works great with 2 other videochat programs. Check them out at ivisit.com & ispq.com