New iCloud email

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by tx26257, Oct 12, 2011.

1. macrumors member

Mar 13, 2010
    Ok I have set up everything and got me a new email and can't receive emails nor send. When I send I get an error

The connection the outgoing server "" failed.
  2. macrumors regular

Apr 22, 2008
    Same here, except I can send emails fine. Just can't receive. Can anyone help?
  3. macrumors 6502a

Oct 10, 2011
    I have the same set up a stmp without the p08 and it sends to cyberspace......
  4. thread starter macrumors member

Mar 13, 2010
  5. macrumors newbie

Sep 4, 2008
    I got similar problem.
    I can receive email, but fail to send.
  6. macrumors newbie

Sep 2, 2011

Same here I can receive, but not send. The error message reads;
    "The connection to the outgoing server "" failed. Additional Outgoing Mail Servers can be configured in Settings > Mail, contacts, Calendars."
    I upgraded to iOS5 last night, joined iCloud and liked the idea of a address so signed up. I have never had a MobileMe account. I have and iPad2.
    I want to use my new address it's way cool and doesn't get spam (yet!) :apple:
  7. macrumors 68020

May 4, 2010
    SE Penna.
    Exactly the same error sending on my iPad. The iPhone does not have any issues. I can receive on the the iPad just can't send.
  8. macrumors newbie

May 30, 2011
    Bilbo, Euzkadi, Basque Country
    Same problem here, I can receive (iCloud) emails fine but I can't send them from my mac ( It gives an error with the SMTP server. (which I can't see its configuration anywhere).

Any advice is welcome.
  9. ScoobyMcDoo, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

macrumors 65816

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Opposite problem here. I can send, albeit painfully slow, but I don't seem to receive any messages

Update - the messages did eventually show up on my .me account - just took a really long time. Maybe performance will be better once everyone is finished hamming Apple's servers with software updates.
  10. macrumors newbie

Oct 14, 2011

iCloud email is now working for me. I set up a new account yesterday and was able to send but not receive. Whoever said that the servers needed to catch up was correct.
  11. macrumors newbie

Oct 14, 2011
    I'm having the same thing pop up. I can receive emails but I can't send them :confused: