New Icon in Toolbar

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rickvanr, Feb 2, 2005.

1. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

Hey

I opened Snapz Pro today and then stopped using it, my toolbar reset, and I got a new icon, its an eject icon, but it does nothing, and it doesn't appear to be related to Snapz Pro.

Here's a picture, it's in between my monitor icon and sound icon, if anyone can tell me what it does, it'd be appreciated. It's not causing a problem, I'm just curious.

Thanks

Attached Files:

• bar.jpg
      bar.jpg
      File size:
      10 KB
      Views:
  2. maya macrumors 68040

maya

The "eject icon" in the menu bar is not a NEW thing, if you have "TinkerTool" you have the option to show this hidden feature of Panther. If you have a CD or DVD in the optical drive and press that icon, YES it will eject the disc. :)

Nothing special, just thought it was useless for my needs. :)

3. rickvanr thread starter macrumors 68040

rickvanr

but I don't have tinker tool and with a CD in the drive and I click, nothing happens.

4. Bear macrumors G3

Normally the eject icon only appears if you have an MDD system with 2 optical drives. You click and would select from a short menu which optical drive you want the tray opened for. Have you clicked long enough to see the menu come up?

5. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Odd I have one optical drive and when I have a disc in and click the eject icon it ejects the disc. Not sure what the issue with your system is. It could just be a bug that exposed the icon. :)

6. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Though this might have been the original thinking of the eject icon in the menu bar, it works with also one optical drive present. I know this since it works for me. :)