Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

MacScoop believes that the new version of Apple's iLife suite has gone "Golden Master" -- meaning it is complete and ready for distribution.
The development of the new iLife suite was actually finished a few weeks ago and nothing prevents Apple from releasing it during the summer or on early September, sources told MacScoop.
Many expected the iLife update at Macworld San Francisco 2007, but Apple made no mention or reference to it.

The last reference was from Apple's 1Q 2007 Financial Conference Call in which they suggested the iLife update was coming soon:
Q: Is iLife still a January release time schedule? A: We don't comment on unreleased products, but stay tuned

Spaceman Spiff

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2003
First off, if they say nothing's preventing it from being released Summer/September, wouldn't that mean it's not Leopard dependant?

Secondly: FINALLY! I've been waiting for this for a long time! Glee!

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Brilliant, if they release it before Leopard it will be at least a month or so before it is actually released, have to let the iPhone talk die down.

Much Ado

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2006
UK
If it were actually GM I see no reason for it to be on sale right now.

?

Do you mean 'no reason for it not to be on sale right now'?

I'm with the believers that this will ship with Leopard, with some nice Core-Animation effects and full 64-bit support etc.

Retired
May 16, 2006
Maybe its taken so long because its a cross-platform suite...

I'm much more concerned with iWork than iLife (I really only use iTunes...but my grandad uses iPhoto)

j-a-x

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2005
Houston, Texas
I wish they would hurry up. I'd love to see an updated iPhoto with more features from Aperture!

Why would it be Leopard dependent? are they going to leave out all Mac users still using Tiger? Apple never did that with previous version of iLife, and I don't see them doing it this time. It will AT LEAST support both Tiger and Leopard.

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
I really hope this is true... I miss the iLife updates so much. :( I can't wait to see what new features are implemented into iMovie.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I don't get very excited about iLife. I use iTunes every day but it's not really part of iLife anymore, and apart from that I use iPhoto maybe once a month.

I was at a software design "code camp" a couple of months ago and there was one guy who was talking about interface design. He used a Mac, his presentation was definitely in Keynote, and he described iLife as "great demoware". I'm inclined to agree.

As a side note, it was great to go to a Microsoft-sponsored event like that and see half the people on Macs :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.