New iMac+10.4.8=HELP

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Jasonbot, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

After installing 10.4.8 on my brand new iMac I can't even get into OS X. I'm stuck on the white loading screen! ANy help?

2. theman5725 macrumors 6502

Boot from the install disc? I really dont know. :/

3. Jasonbot thread starter macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Ya I did that. This time I'll get all the updates not just 10.4.8! Maybe that'll work?

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Tell us how that goes. In the meantime, maybe try repairing the disk in Disk Utility on the OSX discs too. :)

5. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Yes, do tell us. I found that my external drives kept creaking to a standstill under 10.4.8 with my C2D 2-footer, so I am back with 10.4.7 and it works like a charm. I haven't had the nerve to go back to .8 yet.

6. Jasonbot thread starter macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

OK, it's finally working. I went back to 10.4.7 via included install disks and then instead of using the combo update I used the delta update to install 10.4.8. It works! yay, tomorrow when I get back I'm boot camping it. Any advice on triple booting.

7. free-faller macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. I recently purchased a new imac and updated it to 10.4.8, only to be met with the never-ending loading screen. How, exactly, do I reinstall 10.4.7? I used migration to transfer everything from my old mac... Will all of my settings be whiped clean if I reinstall with the version on the disk?

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Not if you do an Archive & Install. Just boot from the OSX discs by holding C when they're in the drive. Of course, it's always a good idea to back your stuff up anyway, just in case it gets messed. :)