New iMac 20' G5 w/iSight Fan Noise?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by crazyeyes, Nov 4, 2005.

1. macrumors regular

Hey i just got my iMac G5 w/iSight and when i started software update the computer fans started to sound like a jet engine and have been sitting there like that for 10 minutes now. Is that normal? Has anyone else had this problem.

2. thread starter macrumors regular

Hey guys it is silent again i guess it was just while doing a software update that it got really loud. idk i will continue to monitor it and see if it does it again.

3. macrumors member

Hello!

Since I have a 20" iMac G5 on order I would definately like to hear how you fair with your new iMac. Thanks!

By the way, after weeks of waiting my iMac is slated to ship on Monday, yet I am hearing that the machines are being sent from China. Did your get shipped from there? If so how long did it take to get to you once it shipped?

Thanks again!

4. macrumors 68000

Danksi

Depends what you class as loud, but my 17inch is really quiet - even with CPU running at around 80% and ~65'C it's only just noticeable.

Do you have a temp monitor widget installed - I've been occasionally monitoring mine, but it's not got over 65'C.

5. thread starter macrumors regular