New iMac after April 12?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by dferigmu, Jan 12, 2005.

  1. dferigmu macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2004
    Location:
    Washington, DC
    #1
    That's when the Epson printer deal runs out and it would be about 7 months after revision A came got released. What do you think? I'm asking b/c I think I want to wait till they fix rev. A's problems and include a better graphics card.
     
  2. wdlove macrumors P6

    wdlove

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2002
    #2
    I haven't really heard of that many problems with the current model. The comments have been that they really love their new Mac. If you need now then go ahead. If you can wait, there will always be something better down the road. It could be closer to WWDC before the update occurs.
     
  3. maya macrumors 68040

    maya

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2004
    Location:
    somewhere between here and there.
    #3
    If you can wait till that time sure why not. :)

    Many rev A products have problems, you might be one of the lucky ones without or one of the unlucky with many problems.

    If you can wait, I certainly would. :)
     
  4. dferigmu thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2004
    Location:
    Washington, DC
    #4
    Have you been to the iMac G5 support forum on Apple's support page? Yes I know people will most likely post if they have a problem, but there are multiple threads there which have 500+ posts with people having problems with whining fans and heat issues.

    Everyone who has called Apple has said Apple knows the problem exists but hasn't been able to fix it yet. I don't want to spend $1700 and risk getting a faulty computer which doesn't have a fix.
     

Share This Page