New iMac Commercial on FOX

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by MacLuver23, Mar 7, 2002.

1. MacLuver23 macrumors member

I was watching Futurama this Thursday (3/7/02) and at the end of the episode they showed a new iMac commercial. They are not the two short films though. But its really funny. Its not on Apple's site yet but it should be soon. It involves a guy walking down the street and there is a new iMac in a display window. The guy moves his head left and right. Then he rolls his head. The iMac follows every move. Then the guy sticks out his toung. The iMac responds by sticking out its CD drive. It was so funny. Any one else see it? Know where I can download it!?

2. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

iMacs.

Yep, it was good. Very good.

I just hope Apple can get more units of the iMac into consumer's hands. I just don't want to see the iMac's popularity to falter because of short supply. :(

Matthew

3. #Johnny5 macrumors newbie

yep!

It was on NBC right before ER, also on the 7th. Can't find it on Apple's site yet. And I agree - very funny... and classier than the pixar animations (although I'm sure Pixar had a part in this one, too!)

[#J5]

4. moby1 macrumors 6502

I just got my new iMac!

I picked it up at a local Apple Store.

This thing is great! I think Apple has really outdone themselves this time!

I am very impressed. It doesn't feel like a $1800 computer, it feels like it's worth much more. Ergonomically, it is in a class by itself. It's just awesome.

The new iMac's popularity will grow by leaps and bounds once people have a chance to use these things. I think we'll see a whole new group of Mac fans!

5. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

imac commercial screen grabs on main site...

arn

6. buffsldr macrumors 6502a

buffsldr

iMac sighting

I saw my first iMac this week. I unexpectedly stumbled across one on campus and it was awesome. It was so cool. The first thing I did was adjust the screen (50 times). I did not notice the bottom of the screen being dimmer as i have heard reported on this site. The next thing I did was hit the eject button twice to make the tray pop in and out. Watching that commercial is like watching myself when i first played with the mac. I think folks will be intrigued and go to the website.