new imac design

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by bryantm3, Nov 16, 2003.

1. bryantm3 macrumors regular

see attatchment

Attached Files:

• 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      20.6 KB
      Views:
  2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

3. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

one of apple's favorite things about the iMac is it's small desktop footprint. you're looking at a box that's like 1.5 ft cubed at least, more if they ever wanted to give a bigger screen (and with all of the rumors about apple dropping the 15" completely, i wouldn't think they'd go 15" exclusively)... plus the display would not be adjustable at all, which is the other iMac selling point...

good try, i guess...

pnw

4. joshuwa72 macrumors member

hey - that peice of toast kinda looks like an os x desktop!!

...wait...thats not a toaster is it?

5. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

it might be a cool idea

i remember when someone mentioned an apple sphere and just about everybody laughed and apple then came out with the lcd imac with a half sphere...which sounded crazy but many people seem happy now

a new imac with G5 processor would be great

then make the powerbooks G5 by summer

then make the emacs G5 a little later

and way down the line, make the ibooks G5

i suspect the whole process will start early next year and finish up by mwsf 2005

the most anticipated thing will probably be what the new imac will look like and it's probably due for a major design overhaul sometime next year

6. manitoubalck macrumors 6502a

manitoubalck

eer?:confused: NO, that thing is horrid to say the least.

7. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

he he

give the person a chance

it's the concept here that is interesting

...and it's about time for a new imac design

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

monitors sold separately.....only way to go if they go back to a cube design.

D

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

So the monitor goes on top of a small refridgerator?

No thanks. I'd rather stare at naked pictures of Russell Simmons than look at that again. :p That, or buy an eMachine, whichever is worse.

10. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

11. Nutzoids macrumors member

Re: new imac design

Bryantm3,

You know what...forget these PS snobs...the art work might sux...but I love your idea of the screen popping out of the top of it. ENGENIOUS! A way to keep the screen protected at all times...Well at least when your not using it...Plus the can make it so thin that it would look more like 2 17" power books standing on there frame...stack 2 together and where the button on the front is to open it stand that part up on the table and the screen would pop out of the top...Wonderful.

12. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

I'm pretty disappointed in several people, whom I imagined to be rather considerate individuals.

Bryant, we're not usually such bastards; sorry.

Here's a guy who's trying to be creative and forward an idea about a new design, and all we can do is become armchair critics? As nutzoids said, 'forget these PS snobs.'

Seriously, this isn't the Louvre, and you guys aren't getting paid 7 figures to criticize other people for an idea you couldn't conceive. The point was made and the idea is interesting.

I'm personally not quite sure what to make of it, but I certainly wouldn't call it horrid. If we're talking about a return to the cube, this might be the way it comes about. I would concur, though, with those who have mentioned the need for a larger monitor, and the constraints that would put on reducing the footprint.