New iMac G4 at PowerMax

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Tuned MP5T, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Tuned MP5T macrumors regular

I was just browsing PowerMax and notice an iMac G4 (1 GB (Apple), 160GB, BT) 15 inch for 1460. Just wondering if this is comparable to the Mac Mini? Since the Mac Mini won't be shipping until March according to some members on the board.

Also can I buy the Apple Care from Apple itself?

2. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

well not too sure on that price but old stock classic design only 15" the iMac only got nice 17" upwards in my view.

arr i have 3 mini's i might sell 1 of them on ebay myself hehe

3. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

I'm pretty sure you can buy AppleCare directly from Apple without purchasing the computer from them. If not, I've seen AppleCare boxes on the shelves in CompUSA - so you can definitely buy it seperately.

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Mac mini is shipping now. A new Mini should be a better performer and you could get a very nice display for $500 and a mini 1.42 for $700 then take that 2 or 300 bucks and get some games,software whatever. Plus new mini comes with a better software package then an old 15" imac G4. iMac G4 15" is a bad choice unless you just love the design.