new iMac G5 and monitor issues

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by adiliegro, Sep 24, 2004.

1. adiliegro macrumors newbie

Hey guys...Im at my wits end now and need some advice. I just got a iMac G5 the other day and got it set up. Well, the monitor is bright as hell. It looks GREAT, but for editing my images (Im a wedding photographer) it is throwing me off. I borrowed a OptiCal Spyder and tried to calibrate it, but its still to contrasty. How can I lessen the contrast on this thing? The brightness is fine, I can pull that down, but the contrast is causing everything to look washed out when I print. It looks good on the screen, but it isnt what I need it to look like. To bring down the contrast would be the thing to do. HOW?

Any thoughts?

TIA

2. slughead macrumors 68030

slughead

system preferences-> displays

just go through the calibration until you see the one with the grey box, the black box, and the grey apple on top, adjust that screen to your liking.

3. adiliegro thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, but that doesnt help me set the contrast ONLY. I want to leave the display set up and calibrated like I have it, but only adjust the contrast.

4. The Past macrumors 6502

I too am looking for a solution to a similar problem -- out of Photoshop. I had to get a job out last night and I found a crude solution. I tilted the display until I had an angle where the contrast was closest to what I thought was appropriate (used a sample image I knew was set correctly). Then worked on the image I had to fix by looking at it from that angle. Solution worked okay but it is hardly a solution. Back on my PowerMac today.

5. adiliegro thread starter macrumors newbie

heh...that might would work, but I have WAY too many images to go through doing that...lol. I would walk crooked for days! :D :eek:

6. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

I have a solution that will solve your problem and it works every time...

Call Apple.

7. The Past macrumors 6502

LOL

8. slughead macrumors 68030

slughead

Sounds like a typical Apple troubleshooting experience.

*rimshot*

*scampering sounds followed by a car starting and peeling out*