New iMac - How to clean the screen?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by joshua_msu, Oct 5, 2004.

1. joshua_msu macrumors regular

joshua_msu

Hey guys, I just got my new 20 inch maxed out iMac the other day and my screen is already dirty. See, my cat likes to chase and lick the cursor, thus grunging up my screen. Since this is my first non-CRT monitor other than my laptop which I dont worry about, I do not know the best and safest way to remove the grunge. Anyone have any tips? Thanks.

2. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

If it's just dust, use a dry lint free cloth. If it's smudged, then use a damp lint free cloth and it'll clean things up.

Congrats on the new Mac - nice configuration!
    JOD8FY

3. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

A soft, dry, lint-free cloth works just fine, pretty much the same type of cloth a person would use to clean their glasses with. Just dampen it a bit to get anything else off that isn't simply dust. No need to pay money for anything else IMO really, unless you're very serious about it.

4. joshua_msu thread starter macrumors regular

joshua_msu

Yeah, I was thinking just a soft cloth as well. Just wanted to make sure, sicne I wouldnt want to ruin it in its first week of existence.