New iMac - iSight question

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by ohcrap, Oct 13, 2005.

1. ohcrap macrumors 6502a

I am just curious, since the new iMac's have built-in iSight's, is it possible to have everyone in my family stand in front of the iMac and be able to see on the screen what the iSight sees and use that to snap a picture of everyone? It would have to be on a timer of say 10 seconds and then take the picture. This way everyone would be able to see how they look before the picture is taken and no one would be left out of it.

Also, I cannot find this info, sorry - what resolution are the images taken by an iSight?

Thanks. :)

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

The iSight is a 640x480 res camera, and PhotoBooth has a built-in 3 second timer.

3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Yes, you would be able to take a group photo, but you might want to crowd everyone together. The iSight is designed for photographing one person in front of the computer at the normal sitting distance. But since you get instant feedback when you pose, you would be able to try different arrangements of people at difference distances to see what works best.

4. markjones05 macrumors 6502a

markjones05

Is photobooth only for the imac? What about those who have an isight and not an imac?

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

At this point it's iMac only (like Front Row). I imagine that this will change over time...

6. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

To be extra clear, PhotoBooth is only for these new iMacs.