New iMac Keyboard Revealed?

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by mrat93, Jul 27, 2007.

1. macrumors 65816

mrat93

2. macrumors 68020

samh004

The original thread was here, where it appears 10 of 11 photos were deleted by an admin or a moderator. (Check bottom of linked thread).

Engadget and another site managed to grab 2 of the photos before one was deleted. I can't find the other 9 photos, they have vanished.

Of note, the shot of the keyboard appears to have a key with an upside down dashboard icon on it, at least from what I can see. What else could it be ?

3. macrumors 65816

Sbrocket

Well I guess it had to leak eventually...*sigh*

Silly people, abusing their Radar access.

4. macrumors 68020

samh004

I've found the missing keyboard photos on flickr.

What do you think, is it real or fake ?

I think it looks all right and is good that it's raised at the back.

5. macrumors 68000

After G

That is a nice keyboard. Hope it's real.

6. macrumors 6502a

vendettabass

I'm hoping its real too! Love the macbook style keyboard!

hope that USB out is USB2! awesome for USB Pens!

7. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

It looks lovely. I can see myself buying two or three of those for my macs.

August 7th can't come fast enough. New iPod, New iMac, New Keyboard, New iLife...... damn an expensive month...

8. macrumors 6502a

i think/hope they are real... but why are they not bluetooth.... surely blueto
    oth shoudl be standard on keynboards now.

9. macrumors 68020

samh004

There are bluetooth and wired versions of the current keyboards and mice. Plus the bluetooth mighty mouse shipped (well) after the wired version, so assuming this is real, the wireless versions could be made too, they were just a little camera shy.

10. macrumors 6502a

yes but why not just have bluetooth keyboards standard, Or maybe the prototypes had to be USB....

the keybard looks a bit plain. Its a bit boring.... but it is extremly thin.... I am very impressed

also mighty mouse = white, imac and keyboard = metal.... bit of a clash....

So maybe a new mighty mouse aswell? also I cant tell what the picture is on the F3 button.... oh actually it looks like spaces... My fianl complaint... Why move the volume buttons

11. macrumors 68020

samh004

F3 looked more like Expose to me (lots of smaller windows in a big window), seems like a silly move right now, but who knows...

Some people like the extra 2 USB ports a USB keyboard brings, perhaps that's why they will keep 2 different connections. Some people also don't like the lag that wireless methods offer.

12. macrumors 68020

Cabbit

looks really smart and finaly a keyboard that would go with the macpro/powermac. My only hope is the is a pro version will aluminum keys.

13. macrumors 68020

samh004

I'd prefer the pro version to have illuminated keys. :D

14. macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

ok

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i like the keys (always loved the macbook keyboard), but i'm not sure i'm a fan of the white on metal look. i'm always wondering about a wireless version. where could the batteries go? :confused:

16. Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Looks like they've moved the eject key, I would prefer to have it back in its current place as you can easily access it without looking at the keyboard.

17. macrumors 68020

samh004

Could they build an additional structure into the rear strip to house the batteries. Seems possible.

Didn't notice until now, wouldn't that sort of move require a software update, or is it entirely hardware ?

18. macrumors 6502

Looks pretty nice - certainly not ugly although the white keys look a little tacky/plastic like against the metal.

19. macrumors 603

wordmunger

Looks cool, but what I really want is a real, powered USB port. It's *really* annoying having to turn my mac around to plug in a USB key or a photo card reader.

20. macrumors 603

siurpeeman

usb 2.0 would also be nice. :(

21. macrumors 603

aswitcher

Wow, if this thing is real they moved ALLOT of keys. Surely F8, F9, F10, F11 for all those Apple short cuts are now a bit stuffed OR I am going to have to hit a FN key for them or the Volume/Music. Weird.

And whats on the F3 and F4? Screenshot?

No help, but a Function key.

I like the eject key reposition.

Its nice looking but I am a bit sus on this.

22. Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Also F1 and F2 now have brightness icons on them removing the typical F14 and F15 functions. I would prefer separate quickly accessible volume keys.

Also think that a few people will end up ejecting CD/DVDs rather than getting access to Dashboard.

It seems as if they are adding keys while removing keys. Packing more functions onto exsisting keys. While taking away some of the most used keys.

23. macrumors 65816

MIDI_EVIL

That has got to be real.

Surely noone would go through so much for a mock up of a keyboard? It's not a particularly hyped product from Apple. An iPhone or new generation iPod yes, but this keyboard seems to be of a higher calibre than any leak we've seen from any other product line.

Rich.

24. macrumors 68020

Cabbit

like everything else you will get used to the new layout, and new users wont care because they wont know any diffrent.

25. macrumors bot

MacRumors

New iMac Keyboard Revealed?

[​IMG]

Engadget claims to have received photos of Apple's new keyboard set to arrive alongside the iMac refresh rumored to be in early August.

[​IMG]

Despite initial doubts about the authenticity of the photos, the site now expresses confidence in them, and posts a gallery including multiple angles.

The photos confirm descriptions by AppleInsider that the keyboard would draw upon the low-profile keyboard in the MacBooks.

Article Link