New Imac Lcd Dot

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nicolle19, Jan 6, 2007.

1. nicolle19 macrumors member

Jan 4, 2007
    Just puchased a New iMac 17in....i just noticed one green dot in the lower screen.....i guess its a anomoliee(spelling) in the lcd...anyway to fix or should i just take it back, if I take back will apple transfer programs to new computer....
  2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    It's a stuck pixel. If it's just one pixel, Apple almost certainly won't take it back.

There are a few programs out there that can be used in an attempt to unstick the pixel. A few people have had success with gently massaging the area where the stuck pixel is, but you'd have to be very careful not to damage the screen in doing so. Fortunately, I haven't the need to test any of these remedies, so I can't provide much more detail than that.
  3. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Jun 10, 2006
    Yeah that wold be a stuck pixel. There are programs out there that can sometimes remove the stuck pixel by cycling the screen through several colors at high speeds. I'll find the link.

Here it is:

just download the application on the website and let it run for around 10 ormore hours. I would start it at night when you go to sleep because you will have to leave the computer on for an extended period of time. Also set your computer so it won't fall asleep (and keep the display awake as well) that can all be found in system preferences.
  4. nicolle19 thread starter macrumors member

Jan 4, 2007
    Thanks I will check that out......hopefully the Cowboys can take down the Seahawks.....
  5. the kid 05 macrumors regular

Aug 11, 2006
    St. Charles Illinois (subdiv of Chi-town)
    Ugh dang tony romo :( Good Game :eek:
  6. simontarr macrumors 6502

Sep 4, 2006
    It's anomaly :D

But yeah, a stuck pixel. You'll need several to go out before Apple will replace it.