new imac question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by derajfast, Oct 24, 2005.

1. derajfast macrumors 6502a

so i just made a substantial amnt of money via online poker and ive decided to buy my mom the new iMac for her birthday.....now i was wondering, if i go to my apple retail store, can they get me the 17inch model w/ a 1gb upgrade for me there, or will i have to wait a few days? im debating whether to have it shipped to me at college with the upgrade and then bring it home with me for her, or just pick it up at the store when i am home...thanks

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I think that you have to wait for build-to-order options, but I could be wrong.

3. derajfast thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. jiv3turkey748 macrumors 6502a

jiv3turkey748

im pretty sure that if you want to upgrade the ram you will have to wait a while for them to instal it,you might be better off just ordering one off the internet

5. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

you made enough money playing online poker to buy an iMac? sheeeeesh...

6. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Somtimes they have upgraded macs already at the store, Try going to a store close to you, if your in college, she could be controlling your credit card, and watching what you spend, if 1,300 dollars comes up from Apple.... she could get suspiscious.
    Yes, i've had expierences... :cool:

7. derajfast thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeah ive made about 7000.....its my account with my money, so its cool....and who can get mad at someone for buying them a mac?