New iMac resembles Star Wars!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by SomeAppleGuy, Jan 7, 2002.

1. SomeAppleGuy macrumors member

Why? The first 3 (original 4, 5, 6 whatever) were great films. Timeless!!! The new movie came out a couple years ago and it SUCKED!!! Now of course there are many who will argue with me on this but deep down inside you all know you were disappointed. You EXPECTED MORE and didnt get it. Your scared to admit how you really feel about the movie. The rest of us who only go to movies because we have dates said the movie sucked, and it offended you.

Now the iMac, It suckes too and your too scared to admit it. You love APple so much and warship Jobs that your willing to hide your true feelings and say " its growning on me", or I like em, i wouldnt buy it but i like it. I think ill get one for my brother. (who is 5).

I think some people get to used to loving something they cant let go of that feeling. Its just a damn computer made by a damn business. Admit that it sucks. It really should have been a G5 or a better looking design. But its not SO GTE PISSED OFF AND LET APPLE KNOW. other wise you will be diappointed next time too...

PS... i hope the next star wars does not have that GAY JAR JAR IN IT!!!!

2. Obsidian macrumors member

thats exactly what I said

heh thats exatly what I said. by the first three, i mean 4,5, and 6. there has only been one of the first threee made so far. The new movie will be worse than the last one. if you dont believe me, go watch the trailers. they are all about 3 minutes long, and all have 2:50 of sitting on a blanket chatting, and :10 of action. woohoo, LOTR all the way baby

3. SomeAppleGuy thread starter macrumors member

yup

am i the only one who doesn't like the new star wars title also??

4. GigaWire macrumors 6502

just how many threads did you need to start about the new iMac? I have no use for anything mentioned at the keynote (except AE 5.5) but was still glad to see the iMac debut with the power they gave it. So kindly, piss off troll.

5. Obsidian macrumors member

lol

yeah there are quite a few threads about the imac, but what do you expect? its the biggest thing since the cube (or should I say smallest) and people are rejoicing and complaining :)

6. SomeAppleGuy thread starter macrumors member

You gotta figure everyone on this forum is a die-hard mac guy or they probably would not be here. And we all have mixed emotions about it. Should be interesting to see the publics general reaction. The people that dont know much about computers in the first place. Man, ignorance must truely be bliss. I wish I didn't know half the crap I know.

7. Obsidian macrumors member

hehe

you know crap? do you hang out with them at the pool :) hehe just joking

8. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I think Gigawire's biggest issue is that almost all of the imac trashing threads were started by SomeAppleGuy. We dont need any more. It's kind of a sad tactic to get people to agree with you too(i.e. you agree with me you're just all scared to admit it). Though I do agree with you on the Jar Jar issue.

[Edited by asurace on 01-07-2002 at 06:40 PM]

9. SomeAppleGuy thread starter macrumors member

No, I am sure gigawires biggest issue has nothing to do with me. But perhaps he doesn't want to talk about it here. There are other "forums" for that type of thing. Don't worry, I am sure exactly 1 week after they start shipping we will find some great deals on ebay. Perhaps then gigawire can afford to buy one. And shortly there after, someone will develop a docking station for the new iMac that oddly resebles an old ladies Hope Chest. And if we are lucky next MacWorld will introduce Lamp Shades in the 5 original iMac colors to compliment your new purchase!!

Ok I admit it, im an ******. But Somebodies gotta do it.

10. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

Wow... your still going? I thought you gave up the rant. I left my desk for a while.. to get some work done.. and your starting new Anti iMac threds. I guess you really dont like them.

I actuly like the way they look. Im not going to get one. But I like them. It not expandable enuph for me. The only thing I question is how durable it is. Apple sells alot of iMacs to schools. Schools need something that wont fall appart. The original iMac woundt get knocked off a lob table by some kid getting his jacket cault on a corrner or something. I dont know about the new ones. I will have to see what they look like up close.

11. SomeAppleGuy thread starter macrumors member

kinda makes it look easier for those guys that get mad and throw computers through windows doesnt it. a computer crashing through windows? im sure someone could think of something witty to add there, but Im tired.

12. adidasx2004 macrumors newbie

About the iMac

You know, Im a mac fan turned PC user, so I can see both sides of the story, both why or why not people would like the new iMac. BUt I like it. I think it is really cool! Apple already has the g4's for power users, and now it needs somethign for the regular users.

13. rekras macrumors regular

i thiink you guys are a bunch of b*tches the new imac is hot

14. SomeAppleGuy thread starter macrumors member

no my girlfriend is hot. computers just make it easier to check my email.

15. Sleepy macrumors newbie

I like some apple guy. Hes so on the mark its not even funny.

Ive been coming to this forum for a couple of months now because Im in the market for a new computer. The most interesting thing about this whole situation is that it isnt so much apple(and their disappointing new machine) that is scaring me away from their products as it is the users. Im trying to give apple users the benefit of the doubt here, but you most of you cant even admit your beloved apple bombed. The main reason that I was attracted to the mac platform was for the (reputed)stability and the esthetics. The latest computer is ugly as **** and none of you want to admit it. So how do I know that apple actually has any advantage in the hardware department if you numbsculls cant even admit the obvious. Can any of you show any signs of objectivity? ****, its like the terms "objective" and "macuser" shouldnt be put in the same sentence. Its just wrong.

16. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

I think you should read more of these posts... there are some objective comments here... and I wouldnt exactly call the ranting of SomeAppleGuy objective.

17. Sleepy macrumors newbie

well he is essentially a mac user, so my theory still holds.

18. dizastor macrumors 6502a

dizastor

Back to the title of this thread

Yes the iMac looks like star wars. It looks like if R2D2 had a flat panel attached to his head with a chrome arm. I personally think it is really cool looking. And I am almost having second thoughts on buying it as a DV editing station with an external Firewire.

Look at the promo video... Doesn't it seem to have a personality when it dances? I think that video alone will sell it.

So maybe it won't be used in hollywood, but technically its about one step away from the top of the line Power Mac right now.

19. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

ok.. i see your point

I my self am a mac user but I am a real geek. I use many platforms. I Have 3 Macs, 1 PC, and one Windows Labtop at home. I use my Quicksliver the most. I am a UNIX admin at work and work on enterprise level SUN servers Running Solaris 2.8 and some Dell servers running ReadHat Linx 7.2. We have a few running 2000 Advanced server (but Im not resboncible for them) and I have a Win2000 box on my desk. Im a computer science student and have developed for the UNIX, NT, and Mac platforms. I have friends with recoding studios, I helped them desine their hardware setup including a WinBox to interface with his digital mixing bord. (and build the tower) I do prefer Macs' but I think that I have a fairly objective point of view. Most windows users have never even used a Mac, many have never even seen some one else use one. And yet they bash Macs all day long. I would say that 99% of Mac users have used PC's at one time or another. One might argue that Mac users have a MORE objective point of view than Windows users... just becuse they have used more.

20. atlascott macrumors member

Forget the design...

Even if you do not like the design, admit it--Apple really swung for the fences with the new iMac--G4 processors! Whoo-hoo! And a Geforce 2 graphics card! Awesome!! Does anyone know if they are 100 or 133 bus speed? (lets hope 133)

So when do we get some benchmarks--pewntium 4 2 GHZ v. iMac 800 G4--my guess? Alot closer in fperformance than Pentium users will be confortable with---leading to the G5 toasting their asses (in three months).

Although i am psyched about the iMac, I want the iBook with a G4--then it is a sure-purchase for me.

Oh, and the new iMac ALSO LOOKS GREAT--and it takes up almost NO desktop space. And although it aint expandable--who cares--geforce 2 is more than enough to run ANYTHING OUT THERE!!! and with the combo drive, you are set to go!

Although I wanted a PDA, nice job Apple--now revamp you other machines!

21. SomeAppleGuy thread starter macrumors member