New iMac Revealed

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by TiMacLover, Apr 28, 2002.

?

Will you buy this G3 Monster?

1. Yes, I Plan To Today!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nah I'll Stick With My New iMac G4

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Whats a Mac?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Whats a I-mac?

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TiMacLover macrumors 6502

Its amazing, and Steve expained the entire thing to me. Well I didn't want to spoil this for all yah but here is the new iMac Apple will release at MacWorld NY. It's going back to the old tray loading style because slot loading SuperDrives are too much and not worth the price, Apple wants to keep the CRT iMac as alive as its new iMac LCD. They also want to retain the "fruity" side of Apple and Jobs said to look for more flavors to come, he said and I quote, " We want to blow everyone's mind into the next Star Wars movie!" Below are the specs of this monster, luckly I got some pictures before leaving my meeting with Steve Jobs, enjoy!

iMac CRT Specs

Model 1
    - G3 800Mhz
    - 256Mbs Standard RAM
    - 40Gig IDE Hard drive
    - CDR CD Drive burns CD's
    - Pro Keyboard and Mouse

Model 2
    - G3 900Mhz
    - 256Mbs Standard RAM
    - 60Gig IDE Hard drive
    - Combo DVD/CDRW Drive burns CD's and Watch DVD's
    - Pro Keyboard and Mouse
    - Pro Apple Speakers

Model 3
    - G3 1Ghz
    - 512Mbs Standard RAM
    - 80Gig IDE Hard drive
    - SuperDrive, Burn and Watch DVD's and CD's
    - Pro Keyboard and Mouse
    - Pro Apple Speakers

Boy I know what I want this summer!

2. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Like was pointed out to me in another thread not so long ago, the G3 won't handle a SuperDrive. So you've shot yourself in the foot... :)

The rest sounds possible though, but there would have to be speed bumps across the board. As nice as that would be, I highly doubt it. :(

3. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

I had a personal meeting with Steve the other day, too. He told me Apple will release a new product at MWNY, the "iFish." He was kind enough to give me a promo shot to post on these boards.

Attached Files:

4. Kela macrumors 6502

You are truly a dreamer. What kind of nonsensical talk do u do huh? You dont even know Steve's last name and you assume that you talk to him on a 1to1 basis? Please get a life and your cheap photoshop conjurations mirror your true intellect. LOL iFish and apple going back to CRTs. Laoouuuusser.

5. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

TiMacLover...

Look at that! Its the Apple Banana iMac!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

irmongoose

6. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Hi Kela!

Quick question. What makes you think they didn't know Steve's last name? I reread their posts, and I don't see anything that would lead me to that conclusion other than their choice not to use the last name.

Seems like pretty week anecdotal evidence if you ask me.

7. me hate windows macrumors 6502

me hate windows

why would they go back to the design of the models A-D? That is the same body as my Grape iMac. I think that they would keep the slot load design but have a tray instead, and the G3 won't handle a Superdrive, at least I think

8. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Um, OK. I think the idea of keeping the G3 iMac around is a great idea. However, why go back to the model that they used in 98? Why go back to the funky tray. Crappy speakers, non transparent sides, etc, etc. Nice try, but no dice.

9. IndyGopher macrumors 6502a

IndyGopher

Have you people ALWAYS lacked a sense of humour, or is this new?? Of COURSE it's not real... didn't we JUST cover this in the 'new TiBook' thread? It's satire.. sarcasm.. it's FUNNY.
    Besides... he forgot to mention that the high end one has a 21" CRT. They found a warehouse full of the old Blue & White 21" Studio Displays, and they're using those parts up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.