New iMac will be G5 and delayed by IBM supply problems

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Sabbath, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Sabbath macrumors 6502a

Sabbath

From conference call its is confirmed the new iMac will have a G5 and is held up due to the G5 supply problems. Also there will be dual 2.5 delays all through the next quarter and 1.8 and 2.0 through July and some of August

2. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

iMac G5 "confirmed"?

Links?

But according to AI, it seems true, to say the least.
    Delays on the PowerMacs is bad news.... :(

3. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

There are no links. You will have to listen to the rebroadcast at 8 P.M EST to find it. They said the imac will sport a G5.

4. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Probably not a chance of hearing it here in Holland.... :(
    Sounds interesting!

5. Sabbath thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sabbath

To update it was just asked about the cooling issue and he said supply was the main problem. It felt to me that there was a cooling problem that he didn't want to talk about and maybe G5 supply problems lets them disguise this problem.

Update: Another question was asked about iMac components and the answer was the processor is the critical component definetly doesn't sound like the only issue.

6. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

On a side note. i really hope Aplle can fix these supply issues. They are finally starting to be taken seriously again n the mainstream market and are generating a lot of buzz with there computers (security, iLife, etc.) but these supply issues are going to kill it if they can't fix it soon.

Most people looking to switch won't like waiting 2-4 weeks for a new computer that are unfamiliar with. They will likely cancel the order and buy some crappy Dell that gets FedEx'ed to them within a few days.

7. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    G5 and the cooling required .... I'm gonna miss my sunflower-inspired white-domed beauty....

:(

8. solvs macrumors 603

solvs