New iMac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Apple ?, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Apple ? macrumors newbie

Hi guys, so I just bought a New Macbook 3 months ago in thought that I would be traveling lots. Since then, circumstances have changed and I'm looking for something like the iMac as I will be working from home. I'm keen to get in ASAP because 40 hours a week on a laptop is causing neck problems and I'd really like to move on to an iMac. I am pretty sure Apple are soon to release the next-gen iMac and I wouldn't want to miss out.
    So my question is, when do you think the next iMac release will be. And also, what do you think will be the advantages over the current iMac model(s).

Thanks.

2. Vidd macrumors 6502a

Vidd

If you haven't experienced any problems with speed on your current Macbook then there probably won't be much point in waiting.
    I don't really believe that a new case is likely for another while and the speed increase wouldn't be that great.

You can't keep playing the waiting game and Leopard could be as far away as June!

3. Captain Planet macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

Yeah, I was in the same position as you...well, for the waiting part at least. Anyways, I just went ahead and ordered a new iMac, and I don't think I'll regret it. I should have it tomorrow! Can't wait! :D

Oh, but if you can wait, even 'till June or bit later, then I guess wait. But if you need it now, go ahead and buy now.

4. Vidd macrumors 6502a

Vidd

The thing is, if it's just like how Apple adopted the Core 2 Duos then we'll be waiting long into the summer!
    Hopefully they won't take as long this time.