1. armchainmstenw macrumors member

My family has a Rev A bondi blue iMac from '98. I've been thinking of convincing them to buy a new G5 iMac, but I need a good plan of attack. Also, I want to know which configuration would be best to buy.

2. iBert macrumors regular

iBert

If they only use it for simple stuff like email, internet, iPhoto, things like this. I guess the low end should be enough. I need to talk to my parents to get one also. :)

3. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

Well, your best plan of attack is to figure out the main question: what things do you want the computer to be able to do that the current rev A imac can't do. If all they do is internet and email, you may not have much of a case, and frankly your family might have better more important things to spend more than a thousand dollars on. But if they have a digital camera or digital camcorder, or you'd like to be able to buy music with itms, etc, etc, maybe you've got a case.

4. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I would wait untill they are in stores, and take them to the store to see one in person. Telling is not selling, but showing and demoing can mean alot.

I need to get my parents a new iMac as well. Maybe one for myself too.

5. armchainmstenw thread starter macrumors member

They're always complaining about not being able to connect to email from work and stuff, and are always getting confused with the system.

6. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

well, the email thing has nothing to do with the computer, and as for getting confused witht he system, will it be less confusing for them to learn a whole new system. I don't think so. Maybe time to buy yourself one.