new imac

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by beez7777, Aug 19, 2002.

1. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

FROM MOSR:
    The iMac will be updated along with the eMac near the end of the year, or perhaps as late as Macworld San Francisco in January. It will feature processors at up to 1GHz for the high-end 17-inch widescreen iMac - 933MHz for the 15-inch iMac and eMac. Memory busses will probably advance to 133MHz across the board, but remain single-rate. Most systems will migrate to the GeForce 4MX graphics accelerator, minus perhaps the eMac and entry-level iMac which may move to something similar to the ATi RADEON 7500. Faster and cheaper SuperDrives will become available. Surprisingly, it is also rumored that it may now be the iMac that is destined to be the first 800Mbps Firewire-equipped Mac..

Any thoughts??

2. el_aarono macrumors member

cool, but sounds like they are just predicting that hardware will continue to improve. Anyone can make that prediction. :eek:

el_aarono

3. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

4. saint macrumors regular

Re: new imac

It's like they can see the future

... through really blurry glasses

5. beez7777 thread starter macrumors 6502a

beez7777

yeah i was never much of a MOSR fan, just found it almost interesting, nothing special just thought id show everyone

6. dricci macrumors 6502a

MOSR is just a lot of wishful thinking. They're not even bookmarked under my "Rumors" section :p

7. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

Yeah, I started off on MacOSRumors, but I've since unceremoniously ditched them for good old MacRumors. It seems like quite a lot of people here have done the same. Maybe it's because they've been degrading in the quality and the quantity of their "news" updates?

8. saint macrumors regular

Correct.

Who wants to wait for up to a week between updates, only to be given a prediction, with no credibility to it, that you could have easily made yourself? :rolleyes:
    On the other hand, you can come on here, and spend hours every day talking and reading about the things we all love most.:) :cool:

9. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

I don't know if that's a good thing or not sometimes :)