New iMacs in Venezuela!!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mymemory, Mar 21, 2002.

What do you think about the iMacs distribution?

1. How cool, there are iMacs every where!

1 vote(s)
  2. Damn it, the third world has them and I haven't receive mine yet!

0 vote(s)
  3. All of the above

3 vote(s)
  1. mymemory macrumors 68020

May 9, 2001
    Hehehehe, I was reading every body's posters and I saw every body mad becuase no one is getting their Macs and I was thinking "damn! if this gringos are not getting their computers... when am I going to see one in person?"
    And I just went today to a friends of mine who sells Macs and he have about 15 boxes since last week of top of the line new iMacs for $2250 each.

His wife is thinking to increase the $100 to them and I told het "bitch", she got upset.

Well, the botton line is that we have plenty of Macs for a "fair" price I think, at list at this store. There are 3 other good stores here in Caracas but both of them add sale tax, this one not (we pay 14.5%).

I do not have any money to get them any way but I just wanted to keep you inform where the iMacs are! :D
  2. sinbushar macrumors regular

Jan 5, 2002

if thats 2250 venzuelan bolivars i'm in!!!...its like 2 bucks american!...hehe...i can dream can't i?!
  3. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

May 9, 2001
    Sorry, I wish, $1 is Bs. 905. The iMac would cost Bs. 2.036.250.

It is funny because the minimun salary in Venezuela is Bs. 180.000, yes about $198 a month. That mean that the iMac is about one year of salary here.

No wonder I want to move to the US too :D