Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iJawn108

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2006
Have fun upgrading your ram or replacing your HDD new iMacsters that case is going to be a mother ****er to open.

Butthead

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2006
I don't see any proof of Conroe from what I've seen.

The X7800/7900 is a mobile Extreme processor.

X7800 comes stock @2.6Ghz, 7900 2.8Ghz, both over-clockable, both mobile/laptop designed CPU's. Unless Apple has a special underclocked...hehe, they've done it before with PPC's :), 7800 which would make no sense at all, either the MR story is incorrect, or it's a different CPU than X7800/X7900 series.

If the listed front-side bus is 1066 or more then you know it's at least a Conroe.

True, but the Apple store is currently down, we'll have to wait. Seems unlikely though, desktop CPU's generate too much heat for the already problematic thin iMac case (using laptop CPU's).

Stu Allen

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2007
Does anyone know yet if the iMac is available without the gloss screen? Because if it is not, it will be no good for photographic use as gloss screens cannot be calibrated correctly.

bonafide

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2007
The Apple.ca website (assuming all Apple websites are down) currently in order for updates.

I tried to contact the 1-800-MY-APPLE number and the guy on the line 'Dan' said he couldn't order the new iMac for me either until the website is back up which he expects in another 45mins to an hour. (1230 hrs Mountain Time)

Wooo hoo.. I can't wait to order it...

Darkroom

Dec 15, 2006
Montréal, Canada
this is not the same keyboard as the previously leaked... the new apple keyboard doesn't have a number keypad... the new keyboard is much like the old iMac G3 keyboard... which sucks... :mad:

[EDIT] oh nevermind... just read about the 2 dif keyboards... now i'm happy :)

OTA

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2007
I read some reviews and these 2400xt Ati for the lowest priced imac, it´s a piece of ****.
The 2600pro(for the expensives macs) don´t get too far too.

I was expecting a 8600GT(like mbp) minimium.

With all those games there are going on mac, i think those will be full playable only on a MAC PRO with updated graphic cards.

Object-X

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2004
Is it glossy?

Not sure I like the black border. It reminds me of the HP design a little. I wonder if the screen is glossy like the HP or still matte?

Edit: Some posters are saying it's glossy. Did he say that in the keynote?

lvirden

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2007
Question about the hard disk capacity

Mr. Jobs mentioned a 1T hard disk capacity.

Do you suppose this means:

a) each disk can be up to 1T in size
b) each partition can be up to 1T in size
c) the total amount of disk that can be handled within the box is 1T
d) the total amount of disk that iMac can access is 1T

The reason I ask is that with the prices of hard disk plummeting, I could easily seem people putting in T sized media centers, where their iTunes, DVDs, photos, etc. are stored, with the item on the house's wireless network, and iTV, iPod, iPhone, etc. all eventually being able to access and make use of the data.

However, 1T becomes a tight fit as HD quality video, etc. starts becoming common.

plinkoman

macrumors 65816
Jul 2, 2003
New York
laptop keyboard? - :cool:
no 17" model? - :(
black everywhere instead of white? - :rolleyes:
glossy screens with no option for matte? - :mad::mad:

wtf...

erandall38

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2007
Have fun upgrading your ram or replacing your HDD new iMacsters that case is going to be a mother ****er to open.

One screw to change Ram.... It will take so little time I dont think I will have the time to have any fun... thanks though!!

Darkroom

Dec 15, 2006
Montréal, Canada
also... i don't see a remote in those images... humm... would be sad if the remote was no longer included... but it would be AMAZING if the remote was finally bluetooth instead of 70s IR.

but interestingly the camera i just bought this past weekend matches the new iMac! now i have to buy it ;)

41IWqu149rL.jpg

thomasfxlt

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2005
During Q and A....

Will the iPhone's "multitouch" features filter down to the Mac eventually? Jobs said that it doesn't make a lot of sense in the Mac. "I would classify that as a research project at present," he added

LOL.....research project my A@#. (Tsunami to come)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.