New iMacs Still Expected to Ship in November-December

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 19, 2012.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Last week, a report from french site MacBidouille claimed that Apple may not be shipping their new iMac until early 2013, despite Apple's official promises that the new iMac models would ship before year's end.

[​IMG]
    9to5Mac now reassures us that Apple's original plans are still intact for the iMac. The new 21.5" iMacs are said to already be shipping to distribution centers, while the 27" iMacs are due in December. Supplies, however, are likely to be very short through the rest of the year.

Apple continues to list November and December availability dates for the new iMacs in their online store. Pre-orders are not yet available but are expected by the end of November.

Article Link: New iMacs Still Expected to Ship in November-December

2. macrumors 6502

TimUSCA

You know, at first I whined a little about the absent optical drive... but then I thought about the last time I used the one I already have. On both my MacBook and iMac, it's been months. I'd be fine with having to pull out a USB optical drive every few months. I just wish they used that space for something better instead of just making it thinner.

Still a sexy machine though.

3. macrumors regular

too much turmoil with these guys.

4. macrumors G5

Macman45

This seems to be gathering momentum....I just hope it's right this time. I have two friends waiting for 21.5's....They are growing impatient...It's hard to explain the Apple infrastructure regarding new products to newbies!

5. macrumors regular

Looks like it will be a white Christmas afterall!

6. macrumors regular

iThinkIt

I haven't used an optical drive on any macbooks in over 4 years... the only optical drive in the house is attached to the mac mini on the entertainment system.

7. macrumors 65816

this would mean an EPIC FAIL for French rumor website Macbidouille :D

8. macrumors regular

I used an optical drive once. In 1994.

9. macrumors G5

Rogifan

And Apple's stock is up $16 so far today. Good Monday wake up to. :)

10. macrumors 65816

Are you referring to unsubstantiated rumors from questionable sites that (unsurprisingly) turn out to be false?

11. macrumors 6502

YEAH, Macrumors there is nothing found in ur statement to make it front page post, we can see that on Apple site, it's still November and December.

12. macrumors 6502a

November-December of what year? =P

13. macrumors 68030

Spink10

Bring on the 27inch

14. macrumors 6502

take my money please! need to expense these puppies in '12

15. macrumors 68030

CrAkD

Good. Not because I'm buying one I'm still waiting to see what the Mac Pro Is gonna be but I won't to see the new iMac in the apple store

16. macrumors newbie

My son has been using a first generation Mac mini and needed a new computer. As soon as the "new" iMac was announced with no optical, we went to the nearest Apple store and bought the current iMac. There's just too many school assignments where the product has to be turned in on CD or DVD and I'm a believer the optical should be part of the computer. I've owned iMacs since the original tube screened one, and not once has a desktop's thickness been an issue for me. What a great business model, remove features so people have to buy add-ons. Maybe they should remove the hard drive/SSD so they can charge extra for that too?

17. macrumors 603

LOL. The number of ad pageviews that probably generated? Not likely. More like payday.

Frankly, alot of super loopy mac rumors these days seem to be as much "whoring for page views" as trying to be informative.

[ As far as an inaccurate track record for Macbidouille ... it wouldn't be the first time they were wrong. ]

18. macrumors member

There's this empty spot in my office where the 27" is going to look great.

19. macrumors 68040

Glideslope

Yes, well stated. Considering the number of new products this year, along with the executive realignment, and changes in the supply chain, it could be worse.

I remember being upset waiting for my Grey iMac 400mhz DV because of a shortage of Optical Drives. This was decades ago.

Try to remember, "Good things come to those who wait". It may seem cavalier, but it's true. :apple:

20. macrumors 6502

Great news. Need to be able to pick up a 2013 model and the delay would probably hinder that to late 2013. This news could mean updated Haswell versions around July-oct.

21. macrumors 6502

TimUSCA

I agree that depending on your needs, you're not going to want to lose the optical drive. However, is it that bad to just use a USB drive? It's worth sacrificing the built-in drive in order to have the latest chipsets for the exact same amount of money.

22. macrumors 68040

the8thark

Or that articles are being written about nothing at all. And it's not even a slow news day.

*Piece of advice*
    If nothing has changed, you do not need to write an article saying nothing has changed.

23. macrumors 6502

Rudy69

Since they've been announced for so long....I sure hope unlike the rMBP that Apple will actually have a descent amount of supply on launch day...

24. macrumors 6502

I believe it when I see it.

They may "announce" it (or accept pre-orders) on the last day of november, but maybe just for a small number of countries and small number of iMacs available.

25. macrumors 6502

You would have the latest chipset regardless of removing the OD. Apple has been given latest chipset from 2010. Also agree with his statement remove OD then say buy external. Most people will buy Apples external drive meaning more money on a product that the price has already been increased compared to previous years.
    Also the point of a AIO is to avoid clutter on your desk as Apple use to say. Now people are willing to disagree with that just because Apple say so. SMDH

I understand some people don't mind being mugged/ripped of but smart people don't. Yes Apple products have a great design and premium but doesn't mean you move like a zombie or sheep defending blatant money making tactics.