***New in OSX Software Update***

Discussion in 'macOS' started by number9, Jun 8, 2006.

1. number9 macrumors 6502

you can find the following updates in the OSX Software Updater now:

J2SE 5.0 Release 4......44.4 MB
    Front Row Update........4.2 MB
    Apple Keyboard Update.....1.8MB
    Security Update 2006-003 (Intel).....23.7 MB

I'm assuming there is a PPC Security Update too, I wouldn't know thought because I don't have my G4 iMac hooked up anymore.

EDIT: sorry for some reason all this stuff is showing up late on my computer, so its nothing new! :eek:

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. number9 thread starter macrumors 6502

haha sorry bout the Java update :eek: ...I don't know if it just showed up because my intel mac is only like 2 weeks old. It wasnt there when I got the barrage of updates upon booting it the first time. Oh well :rolleyes:

4. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

How is it you're just now noticing all of that, but you don't have the Quicktime update that came out in the last week or so in your list? :eek:

6. jive macrumors 6502a

I only iWeb (which I'm not installing) on mine... You got me all excited for nothing...

7. number9 thread starter macrumors 6502

Honestly I have no idea. Now that everyone points this out I remember seeing these posted when they actually came out, but I really don't know why they are just showing up. I got all the iLife updates, all the Quicktime ones, but none of those. :eek: Sorry if I got everyone excited.

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

OS X actually used to be very good about getting everything in one swoop, so that the first time you booted a new Mac, every update would install with one reboot. This doesn't seem to be as much the case anymore. I needed two reboots to get everything on my iMac. I guess the moral is that when you get a new computer, you should run Software Update and reboot until it tells you it has nothing to give you....

9. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

well some updates require something to already be installed before it will get recognized.

So if that thing is not installed or is in the software update. The computer wont notice it

10. number9 thread starter macrumors 6502

Good advice...I'm surprised it missed stuff, like you said my old G4 usually got everything, and the list I got when I booted this iMac for the first time was about a quarter of the screen long :p