new Incipio Feather love it

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by silversx, Nov 1, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

Feb 1, 2008
    got the new feather from incipio... much much much better than the sgp ultra thin.. i wish i had ordered the feather first.. the fit and finish is so perfect.. and no annoying hole in the back... it feels thinner than the sgp but probably the same.. i think because it covers more of the phone.. it feels less like a case.. where the sgp stops abruptly when it reaches the chrome.. when you're holding it you know there's a case on the phone..

it covers more of the chrome yet still leaving a thin strip of it showing near the screen.. the material feels SUPERIOR to the sgp.. i can't really discribe how it feels just that its great.. the sgp feels more plasticky

20 bucks and came with two power support type adhesive screen protectors.. what a deal... free shipping too

only thing is this type of super thin shells will not protect against falling.. but i doubt my girl's griffin wave will do much neither if she really dropped it ... at least this keeps the sexy lines of the phone..
  2. Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
  3. thread starter macrumors regular

Feb 1, 2008
    i will.. camera is in the car and im too lazy lol.. but i will

i got the black for my black phone.. sexay
  4. macrumors member

Oct 24, 2008
    I got mine today too, I don't have the SGP so I can't compare. The case is sweet though and for twenty bucks w/ shipping you can't beat it. Just tried it on, feels pretty sweet and covers the chrome more than the PS Air Jacket. But I always find myself drifting back to my gun metal slider.:D
  5. macrumors 65816

Oct 3, 2007
  6. macrumors newbie

Nov 27, 2007
    Count me in as a feather convert. Tried the Cozip first because for the gen1 it was the best thin case IMO. Didn't like the new version. Then tried the SGP which is decent very similar to Cozip 1.0. Then stumbled on the feather Incipio is THE ultrathin case for the 3G. Love it!
  7. macrumors 6502

Jun 28, 2008
    Anyone try both the Incipio and the Power Support Air Jacket? How do they compare? I prefer the side cut out and increased coverage of the Incipio but the PS is more understated (no blazing logo on back) and has a 'tighter' cutout for the camera hole that looks better.
  8. macrumors member

Oct 23, 2008
    wish Incipio would make a clear Feather, I would pick it up in an instant, I have no skins on my phone and my SGP is giving me a watermark... ghey
  9. macrumors member

Jun 5, 2008
    Love this case, very minimal bulk feels like theres no case on it. Enjoy the pics!

10. macrumors member

Jun 6, 2008
    Dirt trapping?

Hi -

I really like the look of the Feather, but does anyone have comments on the potential of dirt/grit getting under the case and scratching the phone? I've heard that with hard cases, which has turned me away from them.

I currently have a Switcheasy Colors case with a BSE under it (back only). The skin is mainly to keep it from getting too scratched up - so, yes, I'm a bit anal about stuff like that. However, the color case is a bit bulky for me, so I'm tempted to go with the Feather.

11. macrumors 6502a

Feb 13, 2005
    This case definitely is very nice.

I can't decide on keeping this one versus keeping the Seidio innocase II.

The Seidio definitely feels larger in hand, but it protects the chrome, and it has a more grippy rubberized material.

The feather is much slimmer and leaves some of the chrome exposed, which doesn't look too bad. I would definitely pick the feather over the SGP case. I just hate that incipio put such a large ugly logo on the back. Also I feel like repeated putting on and taking off the feather will definitely damage the chrome of the iphone, while the seidio slides on and off smoothly.

maybe i'll just keep both :)
  12. macrumors 6502

Aug 22, 2008
    ^^^ I don't have both case but from what i have seen the seido/slider type cases seems to create more scatches.

For those of you that did receive the feather. How is the screen protector that is included? Is it one anti glare one crystal clear? The screen protector that came with the sgp ultra thin was very high quality. With the power support two piece costing 15$ by itself the SGP was a very good deal. I may try out the feather too if it includes high quality protectors like the SGP
  13. macrumors 68030

Jun 24, 2004
    My black feather arrived on Friday, and I'm loving it. I've got one Switcheasy Rebel, one Neo and a Contour Flip, but the Feather is the one case I'd be happy leaving on all of the time but I do love my Neo too!) it's just so thin its easy to forget it's there the form factor is so unchanged.

The screen protectors both seem to be crystal. I'm not going to check what they're like on as I've got a PS Crystal Film on at the moment which is soon to be replaced by the SGP anti-fingerprint when it arrives.
  14. macrumors newbie

Nov 3, 2008
    I just got mine from FREE SHIPPING to US and Canada!! woot. Hope it will arrives soon!!! :D
  15. macrumors 65816

Aug 26, 2008
    i might have to check this one out. I need new screen protectors plus a case for a few more dollars wouldn't hurt.. is it not at the :apple: store?
  16. macrumors newbie

Nov 17, 2008
    White Feather...

Does the white feather get dirty?? Can anyone clarify...
  17. macrumors member

Apr 3, 2008
    do you think its possible to have this case on with a bse back shield?
  18. macrumors 65816

Aug 26, 2008
    I just ordered this case from incipio's site on sale $13.99 free shipping!
  19. macrumors 68040

Oct 15, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Does anybody know how this compares in thickness to the Power Support Air Jacket? That is what I am using now for scratch protection and I like that it still fits in my hip holster with it on (work pants don't have pockets). Would this still fit in something like the Marware CEO case? If so, pink all the way. :cool:
  20. macrumors 65816

Aug 26, 2008
    i believe it about the same thickness as the jacket or something like SGP , you should have no problems. I will use it with a incase folio myself. At $14 dollars on sale until dec.1 its almost worth the price just for screen protectors. 6:00 mark has your answer.
  21. macrumors 68020

Dec 10, 2004
    if you don't like the logo on the back, ATT sells one without it, but only comes in white. and no screen protectors, and it's 24.99, but hey, no logo anywhere
  22. macrumors 65816

Aug 26, 2008
    Why would anyone pay more and get less with one color choice just because they dont like the logo?
  23. macrumors 68000

Aug 25, 2007
    I have a black one of these and really like it. Dirt/lint does get behind the case, so every once in a while you have to clean the back of the phone.
  24. macrumors 68020

Dec 10, 2004
    well acousticbiker was one. some people don't like a big logo on the back for $5 more would be glad to pay for the white one. I'd get the one without the logo for sure, if it came in other colors besides white.
  25. macrumors 6502

Dec 3, 2007