New INTEL Chips... but M in iBook??

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by SpaceMagic, Jan 5, 2006.

1. macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

Reading that.. are you thinking what I'm thinking? Apple talked about the Pentium M (and where Intel are going with that technology - the yonah) at WWDC last June. However, they didn't say what they were going to use, we all just speculated it was going to be the Yonah dual core.

I really can't see Apple putting a dual core into an iBook before the PowerBook. It'd eat sales. But reading that there's an ULTRALOW voltage Pentium M.. 1.3GHZ.... are you thinking what i'm thinking?? Of course i'd rather the Yonah but the iBoko at rumoured $200 cheaper than before.. it kinda makes sense they'll use that Pentium M especially if it allows a couple hours more battery life.

Oh well :mad: what do you think??

2. macrumors 68040

emotion

ibook nano...1.3Ghz pentium M (the 1.3Ghz will look lower speed to people comparing this with current G4 powerbooks so removes that prob for apple)

10" widescreen. perfect for students etc.

:)

they'll probably still announce the powerbooks on tuesday though....they don't want to be percieved to be behind the PC world (like acer).

3. EGT
    macrumors 68000

EGT

4. macrumors 6502

5. macrumors 6502a

Henri Gaudier

Any specs?

How would one of the lower M's compare to the next obvious tiny incremental leap (ahem) that Apple would take with the iBook - 1.42 up to 1.5? Anyone know of some decent real world stats?

6. macrumors 68040

emotion

7. macrumors 6502

javiercr

ibook single , powerbook dual

I believe that going forward the difference between iBooks and PowerBooks will be that they are single core and dual core respectively. Makes sense in terms of pricing and performance.