New Intel Imac C2d- audio popping sound Can't stand it!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by checkTHEDRESSER, Jan 21, 2007.

1. checkTHEDRESSER macrumors newbie

i have a new iMac and when using speakers or headphones connecting to the computer i can hear a pop/ tick sounds when ever there is an activity with the computer.

When i toggle thru the volume it makes a pop sound then the sound effect.

Even when the volume is completely off, I get a pop tick sound during instant messages, videos loading, or dragging files, or emptying trash.

I cant stant this pop tick sound please help.

2. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

What type of speakers do you have connected to your computer? I ask since I've had the same problem with H/K SoundSticks.

3. checkTHEDRESSER thread starter macrumors newbie

I have logitech x-230's

but the issue also occurs when i used headphones (Sony MDR-V600 )

I've done an archive and install and numerous steps with mac telephone support. They said my next step was bring it in for repair but I really need my computer right now.

4. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

Hmmm I was wondering if we were having a similar problem with H/K, but it sounds like we're just having the same problem with no common equipment (if I unplug my Sound Sticks, the problem goes away). Try unplugging everything, even your headphones, and listen through the tinny internal speakers and see if the problem continues.

5. checkTHEDRESSER thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope no sound issue from my internal speakers. I can hear it through equipment plugged into the jack.

6. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

Here's one last idea. Select System Preferences, go to Sound, select output and see what is selected. If you unplugged your external speakers, they shouldn't be listed, the internal speakers should be. If they aren't, select them and see if you can hear anything out of your internal speakers.

7. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

My friend's iMac G5 had the exact same symptoms. Apple eventually gave her a free Core Duo iMac as a replacement.

8. TheBobcat macrumors 6502

TheBobcat

My CD MacBook Pro does the same exact thing to the letter. I had a post about it a while ago when I first noticed it, now I just kind of live with it. It is obnoxious though. :(

9. checkTHEDRESSER thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i can't stand it, i will bring it in to apple when i can.

10. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider

It's a problem with the mouse - unplug it, and see (hear) what happens.

I kid you not.

11. checkTHEDRESSER thread starter macrumors newbie

didn't work.
    thanks for the suggestion but I still get the audio pop sound when i have speakers or headphones hooked up to the computer.