Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chocolatemilty

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
For those of you who are holding onto that $7.99 introductory offer for Google Music All-Access, there's now a new app that'll play from our streaming source called Cloud Play for Google Music (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cloud-play-for-google-music/id595909793?mt=8). I've been using gMusic for a while and I detest it. There's always something wrong with that app. This new app has been updated for iOS 7 and is fast and intuitive, with all the features of Google Music available. Plus, it's made by a college student, of which I love supporting.

Check it out, All-Access subscribers!

Last edited:

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
For those of you who are holding onto that $7.99 introductory offer for Google Music All-Access, there's now a few app that'll play from our streaming source called Cloud Play for Google Music (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cloud-play-for-google-music/id595909793?mt=8). I've been using gMusic for a while and I detest it. There's always something wrong with that app. This new app has been updated for iOS 7 and is fast and intuitive, with all the features of Google Music available. Plus, it's made by a college student, whom I love to support.

Are you Daniel Jackson promoting?? I think I will wait for the inevitable official Google Music App for iOS...but thanks for sharing. iOS does need a good Google Music app, so far they have all been pretty pants.

Edit - just bought it anyway to try! Very good! Although,,,gMusic has a nice update coming too...
http://dribbble.com/shots/1202234-Discover

Last edited:

ERIC273

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2009
NJ
For those of you who are holding onto that $7.99 introductory offer for Google Music All-Access, there's now a few app that'll play from our streaming source called Cloud Play for Google Music (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cloud-play-for-google-music/id595909793?mt=8). I've been using gMusic for a while and I detest it. There's always something wrong with that app. This new app has been updated for iOS 7 and is fast and intuitive, with all the features of Google Music available. Plus, it's made by a college student, whom I love to support.

I use G-Music, I prefer it and have no problem with it.

Chocolatemilty

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Are you Daniel Jackson promoting?? I think I will wait for the inevitable official Google Music App for iOS...but thanks for sharing. iOS does need a good Google Music app, so far they have all been pretty pants.

Not at all. This morning I took a chance on the app after growing increasingly frustrated with gMusic with each passing day. Also, waiting for the official app and not having access to All-Access on mobile is becoming ridiculous IMHO. I understand it should be coming soon, but paying $8/month to only be able to play it on my Mac when I'm mostly using my iPhone or iPad seems silly to me.

I use G-Music, I prefer it and have no problem with it.

It used to be really good, and now it's just not working for me at all. Most frustrating is not seeking tracks well at all, stopping playback, not handling wifi-cellular handoff well, and not being able to browse an artist's discography from my library without seeing songs "disappearing" in the UI. Just ridiculous. I understand the iOS 7 app should be coming soon, but the developer let me know he discovered a nasty bug that renders the whole UI unusable and must fix it before sending the update to Apple. Again, waiting is cool, but when there's a better alternative, some may be willing to try it out.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
Not at all. This morning I took a chance on the app after growing increasingly frustrated with gMusic with each passing day. Also, waiting for the official app and not having access to All-Access on mobile is becoming ridiculous IMHO. I understand it should be coming soon, but paying $8/month to only be able to play it on my Mac when I'm mostly using my iPhone or iPad seems silly to me.

It used to be really good, and now it's just not working for me at all. Most frustrating is not seeking tracks well at all, stopping playback, not handling wifi-cellular handoff well, and not being able to browse an artist's discography from my library without seeing songs "disappearing" in the UI. Just ridiculous. I understand the iOS 7 app should be coming soon, but the developer let me know he discovered a nasty bug that renders the whole UI unusable and must fix it before sending the update to Apple. Again, waiting is cool, but when there's a better alternative, some may be willing to try it out.

Cloud Play is good in the meantime. I like it a lot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.