iPad New iPad 4 from Best Buy, Minor Scuff Out Of Box, See Pic, Should I Exchange it?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by wick001, Dec 10, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Here's my story. I originally bought my first iPad 4 from best buy and returned it a few days later to get the Asus TF700 because I didn't like the iOS UI and thought Andriod would better suit my tweaking needs. The first Asus TF700 I bought had quality issues: You could clearly see the glue behind the Gorilla Glass didn't set properly and the screen was flickering. I exchanged it for a 2nd TF700, the quality was perfect but the overall experince was just so slow, and still had the screen flickering issue. So I returned it for the iPad again, now on my 4th purchase in about a week and a half.

However this iPad has one tiny imperfection on the side wall shown in this picture. My question is should I even bother exchaging this once again, or will they look at me like I have OCD lol?

Attached Files:

2. macrumors P6

dukebound85

i wouldnt let it bug me too much personally but take it in if you want.

3. macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

I couldn't see it if not for the thread title and question.

4. macrumors 6502a

I don't think it's particularly noticeable, and I'm pretty sure if you return if for another one you're going to end up scuffing the new one immediately somehow ;)

5. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If you use the word "minor" then I say it's a non-issue. I can't see it really.

6. macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

i would, you paid $499+ (depending on storage) for it. you should expect a perfect device out of the box

7. Guest

Exchange it.

Seems to bother enough to take the time to post here.

Might look worst over time.

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I just don't want to be "that guy". I've already been in there 4 times returning and exchanging. Does anyone know what happens to items that are returned?

9. macrumors member

Most of them end up being sold as "open box" items I believe.

10. macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Sounds like you already are. I'd keep it if it were me.

11. macrumors 6502a

can you try rubbing it off. get a case to cover the edge or exchange.

12. macrumors 6502

Yes, people that want a great deal like me buy it...I got my perfect open box 32 gig iPad 4 for $535 - $60 (black Friday) for $475 total...typing on it now...bring it back and someone else will benefit :)

That being said, take it back and get another...you made the mistake of not getting iPad from the start, live and learn

13. Guest

I've own so many iOS devices and never had to return one for cosmetic issues, so what do I know.

The iPad Mini I got looks perfect. Don't have an iPad 4, so don't know what the situation is.

14. macrumors 6502

If it bothers you return it. I would.

15. macrumors member

Return it. It's unfortunate, and it will waste some of your time and probably shame you a little bit, but you will sleep easier once its taken care of. Just be happy it's not a root canal you have to get re-done!

16. macrumors 6502a

forza69

I would return it only because I have OCD and it would bother the hell out of me. I don't pay $650 for something that isn't in perfect condition. Now, if you accidentally scuffed it yourself and now want a shiny new one, then I wouldn't do it. That's just bad taste.

17. macrumors 6502

If my $500-600 device had a scuff on it out of the box I would not feel guilty about going back to the store for an exchange. Why accept a cosmetic defect on an expensive product? What if the scuff was on the screen instead? The point is it's not supposed to be there. Period.

18. macrumors 6502a

If you have to ask what to do, then I'd say just keep it! Seriously!

19. macrumors 6502a

I have no problem with people wanting a pretty ipad, but I think it's hilarious this kind of thinking is prevalent now. Nobody takes a magnifying glass to buy a car for example. It's better to just say you expect perfection at all price levels.

20. macrumors 65816

They are sold to people who do not own microscopes.

21. macrumors 601

ActionableMango

You are certainly entitled, but it doesn't seem worth the time to me. I'd just put my own scuff on it within 3 days, so why bother going to the store?

If you have nothing to do or if you are some sort of perfectionist who can keep your iPad looking perfect 3 years from now, then I suppose it would be worth the time.

Also keep in mind stores are tracking return information in order to crack down on serial returners.

http://consumerist.com/2012/11/19/f...ave-been-tracking-on-your-returned-purchases/

22. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

I agree with Koodauw, you are "that guy."

23. macrumors 6502

Q-Dog

Too late, you already are "that guy!"

24. macrumors G3

NT1440

We factory erase them, discount them, and sell them.

25. macrumors 65816

Really? Yeah you are definitely OCD on this. Not every device is perfect. This is a NON ISSUE.

I would suggest relaxing and to just enjoy your iPad.

Can we just dump posts like this in to an entire "Obnoxious first world problems thread"?