Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danny_w

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
I just bought an iPhone 4 at the at&t store last night and have been playing with it since. Unfortunately buying apps (new or updated) from the phone does not appear to be working. When I select a new or updated app and enter my password (which I know is correct, it is not complaining about that) it starts to download the first app and stays on "Loading..." forever. I can connect it to iTunes, delete the app, and then reinstall the app from iTunes and it works fine. Are others seeing this issue? I am running iOS 4.1 (it came that way).

On another note I cannot find the iPhone 4 Case Program by searching the App Store on the phone, but I do fine it in iTunes. I guess I will have to wait until tonight and download it at home. The reception (at least in number of bars) is nowhere nearly as good as the LG VU that I replaced. I constantly got 5 bars with the LG at home, but the iPhone varies from 1-4 bars (I have never seen 5 I don't think).

Heavy Dude

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2009
I have the same problem, very irritating..
Must be a bug in 4.1 - 4.01 and 4.02 didn't behave this way..

danny_w

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
I just tried it again at work and got the same odd behavior (hang on "Loading"). I turned the phone off and back on (full off, not sleep) and the app I was trying to load showed to be installed and ran fine. Weird.

Heavy Dude

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2009
Yes, definately a weird bug..
More people are reporting this at discussions.apple too.
Hope they fix it soon..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.