Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mago

macrumors 68030
Aug 16, 2011
Beyond the Thunderdome
Look mom...:cool: there is no 5.5 iPhone 6L :eek:... Buahhhh :apple:

Apple Just Registered two new SKU, one is incremental on the iPhone 5C so its unlikely to belong to an iPhone 6, but anothe product on the iphone 5C line ( iPhone 5sc o 5cs), and of course the other SKU not close to another previouly used suggest sept. 9 Apple Will launch an Improved iPhone 5c (actually an iPhone 5s on 5c case) and the all new 4.7" iPhone 6 loaded with Sapphire display and NFC sensor, but still on USB2.0 (seems USB3 sync will not arrive until iPhone 6s).

iPhone 5cs or 5sc => not a rumour
iPhone 6 => solid evidence suport its existence
iPhone 6L => only exist on the rumour mill, if the rumours on a new iPhone drives web traffic (and money) so the rumours on TWO new iPhone drives much more traffic and money, notwhitstanding the 5.5" iPhone doesn exist actually or just being an prototype or another product (an oversized itouch)....

westcoastin

macrumors member
May 3, 2011
Looks promising. I like the roundedness of the phone. Reminds me of the original iPhone. I'll most likely upgrade from my trusty ol' 4S if the iPhone 6 looks like this.

mazz0

macrumors 68040
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK
I think it looks lively, except for those breaks. We'll see.

"Significantly" thinner, at .7 mm, eh? I think we have different definitions of "significant".

allthatjazz

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2011
Can't believe no one has said this yet:

Looks almost like the original iPhone!

It's been said, and yes definitely looks like the 2g.

Reminds me of the original iphone design...

The first iphone had this color scheme. Looks like a throwback version of it.

Reminds me to the original iPhone as well. Still thinking the 4/4S were the best designs tho.

Can't wait. Reminiscent of the original. :apple:

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
i dont like how the sides bulk out ... it should be fluid with the back and the screen just like the iphone 5/5S but unibody

antonioj1015

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2014
Screws?

What happened to apple? Why does this have visible screws? WHY CONTINUE WITH THOSE SCREWS AT THE BOTTOM MODEL AFTER MODEL, TAKE THEM AWAY.
They used to be so prestigious, I've never had an iPhone but many family members have and I used to manipulate the 3GS and the 4S and they seem so well designed, even the 5/5S, NOT THE 5C, seem so "professional", I'm waiting for September to decide continuing with android or switching to iPhone...inside of me I really want to switch!!

Last edited:

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
What happened to apple? Why does this have visible screws?
They used to be so prestigious, I've never had an iPhone but many family members have and I used to manipulate the 3GS and the 4S and they seem so well designed, even the 5/5S, NOT THE 5C, seem so "professional", I'm waiting for September to decide continuing with android or switching to iPhone...inside of me I really want to switch!!

Can't tell if being sarcastic ... but every iPhone I remember from the 3G has had visible screws. For what it's worth the 5C feels a lot better built than the cheap plastic of the 3G/3GS models.

Mr. RPG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2012
I don't like the silver shell. It should be black (or 'Space Grey') like the current 5/s models.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England

From what I can see, there are two screws, each side of the Lightning connector. Have you ever looked at the bottom of an iPhone properly before?

Help me out a bit here, what else am I missing?

fallenjt

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2013

What the hell are you talking about? It always had visible screws. BTW, follow your heart. Android is sht Frag and Mal

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California

There's always been visible screws on the bottom, including on the 3GS and 4/4S's.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
I'm a bit of a photography buff, so I tried out the Nokia 1020 last summer for five days before returning it.

The thing that struck me was it's very round edges. Those edges made it very difficult to grip in the hand—especially when turning the phone landscape for photos. I dropped it a few times.

I'm excited to finally upgrade my 4S, but am worried about the iPhone 6's overall grip???

A bit off topic, but that's the Nokia 1020 I've seen so many pictures of. Damn, that's ugly. Sometimes reminds me how spoilt Apple users are … :D

fallenjt

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2013
Why there's white band in some pictures and black band in the last pic. Am I seeing something different than others?
I don't care much of these bands. Over all, the phone looks great and will sell like hot cakes. Black/Slate, I'm back (tired of White/Silver)

LXC101

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2014
The protruding camera I'm not a fan of, but I'm officially sold on this. It looks amazing.

indecisiveKid

Suspended
Feb 16, 2012
So many "it's beautiful" for sure it is but that battery if true means the battery issues will still be a common thing.

Seems people prefer design over many other things. This will sell like hot cakes.

Guess they need to get people to upgrade next year with the batter battery, I'll only consider 5.5" if that is even happening.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.