Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slwiser

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
The iPhone was already updated to the latest iOS before leaving the store. IPhone 7+ with 256 gigs.

Has anyone seen a situation when updating the iPhone 7+ from a restore and it almost completes it's update with everything working. Then you go into purchased apps and start downloading the ones that failed to update only to have the phone screen go black with a rotating wait symbol then with a black screen like that for about 4-5 seconds then flashes the passcode pad up for a half second with a short tone. This sequence never stops.

I took it into iTunes without any success on recovery. It still takes me to this described rotation.

Anyone????

Last edited:

happyslayer

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2008
Glendale, AZ
I've not seen that before. Have you tried holding in the power button and the lower volume button for about 5-10 seconds? That's the new reset combo.

slwiser

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
This takes into reset mode which using iTunes does nothing but takes it back into this rotation as described.

Yes several times.

slwiser

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
Had to go to the Apple store. They fixed it. I was doing something wronk when attempting to update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.