Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Belly-laughs

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2003
you wish
I'll trade you my list for your list. :D

I suggest you get the 8GB version ;)

I think this feature is true, I´m sure the people at Apple consider portrait/landscape functionality on all iPhone´s apps – bringing CoverFlow to the address book is a natural idea for address book in landscape.

Barham

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2004
Maybe it's because I'm not a power user, but I think that this is one of the coolest things I've heard about the iPhone. I have no reason to believe or not believe the OP, but I do know that I've struggled to find a reason to use the onboard camera on some of my previous phones. I thought that the iPhone camera would similarly go to waste, but now I can't wait for this feature.

Unlike some of the other posters in this thread, I don't have a ton of contacts and it'd be easy to snap a picture when putting someone's number in. I'd very much like to see this an option at least when I get my hands on my new iPhone. If you haven't noticed, the general design for the iPhone is very visual (pics, movies, maps, true web browsing, etc...). This is just another extension of that idea. It avoids giving us more text to look at and leverages the iPhone's ability to display pretty graphics. It makes the experience more personal, very Apple indeed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.