New iPhoto calendars

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sunfast, Feb 3, 2006.

1. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

Has anybody made one of the calendars in iPhoto 6? And if so, are they happy with it - do they look any good?

Or, has anybody got any pics?

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

They look great. You can save them as a pdf so you can get them printed (we can't order them here).

I've found a few bugs, trying to open the Advanced print dialogue causes a crash and I can't edit a photo I positioned on Sat. Dec 2. It works on every other day except that one.

Very good addition otherwise. iPhoto 6 is a massive leap over iPhoto 5.

3. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

I've made a couple and printed them off (PDF) - I've not ordered any through the Apple printers yet though.

4. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

When you print the calendar as pdf, does the resolution go down to 72dpi? I've heard that's what happens to book-albums, I wonder if there is a way around it to print on home printers?

5. sunfast thread starter macrumors 68020

sunfast

It's here..

Well, I ordered a calendar which has (finally) turned up so I thought I'd post my impressions of it.

It's nicely packaged (as you'd imagine from Apple) but was packed in a needlessly large cardboard box which meant it wouldn't fit through my letter box.:mad:

The card it's on is quality and the whole thing 'feels' pretty good.

However, the printing leaves a bit to be desired - there are obvious lines from the printing which look pretty poor. It's a gift for my dad who knows very little about technology and will be delighted with it, but somebody a little more discerning might be less happy.

It's too expensive for what it is too.

In summary, pretty good but could (and should) be better.