New iPod Arrived! Yay, but....

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Catt, Jun 5, 2003.

1. Catt macrumors member

Ok my new iPod arrived yesterday and I really like it, its a fantastic piece of technology.
    But I have a problem. Music Match is much more useable than I had expected, given the slating it has got from many people.
    Ok I have downloaded several Albums by Bjork onto my iPod but 'Bjork' appears on the Artists list on the iPod FIVE times, but the individual tracks only appear once, which is good, but it just makes my Artist list look a little messy.
    On the music library Bjork only appears once, and I've tried syncing again with Music Match but I can't seem to get rid of the four extra Bjorks!

How can sort this out?

Cheers

2. maradong macrumors 65816

maradong

nope. but i ll do some googeling and tell you if i find something.

3. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

thats a bit weird.... are you sure they are spelled th exact same even no extra spaces or anyhing, I remember the first day i had my ipod i was confused to see blink-182 and blink 182 ... but it makes sense now.

4. morlium macrumors regular

or if there's a space after her name, it'll count that as a separate artists as well.

5. alia macrumors 6502a

alia

I know exactly what your problem is...

Your tag for the artist probably has spaces after of a varying number for different songs. I have this same problem with my ipod and MusicMatch. Just select every song by Bjork and rightclick and select edit supertags. Then, with all the songs selected on the left hand side of the dialog box, check the artist checkbox and type in Bjork with no spaces and just how you want it. It should then rename all the songs so that they have the identical artist name.

IF you resync, Bjork should only show up once. This happened to me with Beck and Billy Joel and others.

Let me know if you have any other issues. I've been using my ipod a few weeks now!

Alia

6. Catt thread starter macrumors member

Thank you so much! it worked perfectly!

:)

7. gunner17 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know how to get the iPod to show 'disk1 & 'disk2' for multiple disc albums, etc.. "The Wall, by Roger Waters"?

Also does anyone know what program can be used to manipulate the iPod DB files, so we could organize files efficiently, instead of having them appear randomly in the 'F01 - F19' folders.

8. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

yeah all my friends had this problem. no i just tell them to not install musicmatch. i tell them to get ephpod.

iJon

9. Sayer macrumors 6502a

Sayer

I wonder

I wonder how many people are bitching in the Apple support forums about this "bug" in the iPod.

It couldn't possibly be the crap files you downloaded from Kazaa, nooooooo it must be Apple's fault!

10. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Re: I wonder

thats where i notice most of the bad reviews come from on the the ipod. the windows stuff. once apple makes a version of itunes for windows everything will be great.

iJon

11. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

that always happens to me. it annoys me. i think apple should make it so that if there's a space right after it, it automatically changes. like Bruce Springsteen_ would be automatically renamed Bruce Springsteen.

12. alia macrumors 6502a

alia

It's not necessarily because people are using Kazaa. Sometimes MusicMatch will add spaces after an artist, album and title when I rip them from CD. It's just MusicMatch being stupid.

Alia

13. alia macrumors 6502a

alia

BTW, I use ephpod for all of my transfers because it is just way better than MusicMatch for that. I still rip CDs using MusicMatch because I don't have anything better at this point and the supertagging feature is useful.

Ephpod also lets you import contacts and notes and stuff, so it lets Windows users at least automate some of the other ipod features a bit. I don't use Outlook though (pocomail is better because macro viruses won't run on it), so I end up manually creating my contacts.

Man, I can't wait to get a mac! :p

Alia

14. Chimaera macrumors regular

Actually the problem is more due to the CDDB than anything else - you should always check your tags before uploading to the iPod :)

15. Catt thread starter macrumors member

All mine are ripped from CD's I own.
    :p