NEW IPOD AT APPLE EXPO

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by applemax, Sep 14, 2005.

1. macrumors 65816

applemax

Thought that would catch your attention! OK. At about around 2pm BST today, I just went to Apple support for a problem with my PB spacebar. When I pressed the Apple at the top, to go back, I got something weird. A box said that the iPod is changing at Apple Expo. I got a grab of it for you guys. Make of it what you will. Also bear in mind that apple.com/movies exists but is forbidden for access. This may have something to do with it. I've put it on images shack. Images Shack Also, I cannot seem to access the apple homepage by clicking the apple on support page anymore. Thanks.

2. macrumors 601

eva01

Font way way way way too small on the left hand side for the iPod thing. And the right hand side of the iPod seems to be missing.

I am calling BS on it ^^

3. macrumors 6502a

AtHomeBoy_2000

4. macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

It looks real... and i want to believe it... but there's just no way they'd overshadow the nano with a video pod so soon after its release.

EDIT: also, I've never head of apple hinting at new products on their mainpage.

5. macrumors 65816

Jay42

It could have been a slip, but I am also suspicious. Hmm, what does it mean by "the change?" Is it possible that something intel is going into the ipod? I don't really know enough about it's processor, but I thought I heard something about intel's device chips. This doesn't seem likely though.

6. macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

it looks so believable, but i just don't see the realism in it. I agree that it is unlikely to introduce ANOTHER iPod especially without a keynote, unless it's just a slight revision with a slimmer 60gb or something...Anything's possible i guess ;)

7. macrumors 6502a

technocoy

the text on the left just says paris, france sept. 20-24
    i would have thought they would be talking about the intel stuff too, but it does seem strange that there is an iPod on there..

hmm... interesting to say the least.

8. macrumors 6502a

AtHomeBoy_2000

If nothing else, the "apple.com/movies" thing is interesting. It basically confirms that there will be SOME video thing coming out soon. As to WHAT is the question.

9. macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Here is why I don't believe it. I've got a few, but the biggest one is that Apple Expo is only a few days away. Why wouldn't they have this on the front page NOW? Answer: They wouldn't.

I call fake. A nice fake, but a fake nonetheless.

10. macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Intel is still way to early. Apple isn't going to stir up the chaos pot with their users any further by talking about Intel until something is ready to release and that won't be until MWSF at the earliest.

11. macrumors 6502a

Jay42:
    I think the iPods use an ARM processor. ARM = Acorn Research Machines, makers of embedded processors, based in Cambridge UK. I'm not sure if the Shuffles use them. I don't think that Intel chips are suitable for dedicated applications, but I'm not a chip expert by any means. I have seen the iPod mentioned in the ARM annual report as one of its applications (and I can't understand why ARM shares are not doing as well as Apple shares, but thats another story.)

12. macrumors 6502a

vouder17

If you look at the "o" of Expo it is a little sniped off. It is fake

13. macrumors 6502a

technocoy

yeah..

i didn't mean any intel products as much as they will most likely me hyping the intel transition at an expo, especially among developers and third party software.

you also raise a good point... why would this image appear at all if it wasn't already up... and why would they show a product in ti before it's announced?

i think its just a fluke...
    nope

14. macrumors 6502a

macOSX-tastic

sorry applemax, im also inclined to call BS. maybe there will be some kind or revelation at MEP and i shall eat my words, but for now, i call BS with the others. apple would never overshadow the nano and hiint at aa release...and if its a web page how come no one else has seen it?

tastic

15. macrumors 6502a

Xephian

16. macrumors 603

notjustjay

Easy enough to confirm... if it's real, then one or more of us will also discover it sooner or later.

17. macrumors 65816

monke

18. macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

Sorry folks this is a fake. He hasn't replied, the font is too small to read, and if apple is going to slip up it will not be something as blatant as an announcement on their front page, it would be something like a forbidden page that was not properly locked.

19. thread starter macrumors 65816

applemax

well, this is what i saw. i promise! i recorded it as a low quality jpeg. that might be why there are probs with the pic. but it was definately there. i aint jokin about

20. macrumors 68000

nomad01

Could it just be somebody at Apple having a laugh? Stick it up on a there for a few seconds and see if anybody notices?

Seems possible that the iPod will be the first to get Intel inside. Would be an easier transition than a Mac but also maybe a bit pointless?

21. macrumors 6502

22. iDM
    macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    My opinion BS i actually thought the picture was pretty high quality considering none of the fonts got blurry when making it larger, however there is the very flat side of the o in expo, again only my opinion

23. macrumors Penryn

Abstract

If it's not on the main page now, then when would Apple release that little image officially, after the Expo?? They would have done it by now.

It's fake.

24. macrumors 68040

emotion

ARM were bought by Intel. It's the architecture that all those X-scale chips are based on.

I thought ARM was Advanced Risc Machines too. I could be wrong though.

The chip in the iPod is a Portal Player design based on the ARM architecture.

25. macrumors 6502a

VanMac

Fake.

Agree with other posters.......skeptical of Apple taking attention away from the nano. This thing is going to sell, sell, sell. Maybe video iPod next year.

They may announce distribution of videos through iTUnes, but no vPod.