New iPod Cases

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by wsteineker, May 19, 2003.

1. wsteineker macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

Ok folks, what kind of cases are you using for your new iPods. I'm still trying to decide between the new Waterfield Designs Sooper Dooper iPod case and the InCase Designs iPod Pouch for my new 15 GB model. Anyone using these cases or others with your new iPods? Post your impressions folks! :)

2. toughboy macrumors 6502a

toughboy

any of these...

The one in sfbags.com looks more like it designed for iPod.. the other one is just for any mp3 player...

but to tell the truth, I wouldn't buy any of these... maybe thats because I like iSkin kind of iPod cases...

3. DeKa macrumors member

I have the Sooper Dooper case for the (old style) 10GB iPod.

It's BRILLIANT!

The best thing about it is that it has the spot inside the 'lid' to put your earphones. It's also very soft lining so no scratches :D

I don't use the belt clip, but hey I'm sure some people do.

Go the SFBags case I say.
    I bought it sight unseen from Australia over the net and I've never looked back.

Derek.

4. wsteineker thread starter macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

So you don't mind the nub on the back for the belt clip? That's really the only thing stopping me from buying, as I've absolutely no intention of using the belt clip so I'd like a slimmer profile. Still, it's good to know that it's a solid case. What about the InCase poush? Anyone have any experience there?

5. DeKa macrumors member

No, it doesn't worry me at all.

I have contemplated removing it but left it there incase I ever wanted the belt clip.

I just measured it for you - it sticks out a whole of 6mm (millimetres). I have no idea what that is in inches, I don't understand your crazy system!

It looks easy enough to remove - just undo the stitching around the edge of the leather that holds the nob in place and bingo - you'd just have a mesh back cover.

Derek.

6. wsteineker thread starter macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

Heh. Hadn't thought of that. Sounds like a good idea, the removal process. I think the Sooper Dooper and the InCase are both going to be ordered, as they're really different types of cases anyway. Thanks for the info about the Waterfield case, man. I appreciate it. Anyone else out there have any input?

7. unc32 macrumors regular

I have the iSkin and it is awesome. Too bad it isn't available yet for the new ipod. I'd get one when they come out. highly recommended!

www.iskin4ipod.com

8. wsteineker thread starter macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

I'm not a huge fan of the iSkin style cases. I much prefer a sleeve/pouch style case for my iPod. Any other suggestions?