New Ipod Classic??

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Boogolfer10, Jun 12, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Is there a new Ipod Classic coming out soon? I know it has been a close to a year since Apple released a new Ipod Classic. Does anyone know???

2. macrumors 6502

It's hasn't even been a year since the iPod Classic Debuted. I doubt you will see a new one this year.

3. macrumors 6502a

newappleboy

This site has an entire section dedicated to this kind of information: Buyer's Guide

4. macrumors 6502a

JG271

Not until after the Back-To-School promotion i think, which will end in september. So september/october time perhaps, to boost sales for christmas.

5. macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

That's what happened last year - they used the back-to-school promo to clear out stock of the iPod nano and then they came out with the video-capable one shortly after

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the help. i did see the buyer's guide but it's not very specific to when a new ipod is coming out.

7. macrumors 6502a

newappleboy

That's because we have no idea. Nobody at MacRumors will have an exact date of release until Apple announces it. And if Apple announces it, their site will have it there as well. The Buyer's Guide is just a source of estimation as to the expectation of a new product.

8. macrumors 6502a

http://images.apple.com/promo/pdf/BTS08_TCS.pdf

The classic isn't even eligible for back to school, only Nanos and iPod Touchs are:(

9. Retired

psychofreak

My guess is that in September, they'll drop the 80GB model, for a 160GB only line-up at the current 80GB price and size.

10. thread starter macrumors newbie

The whole point of my question was to see if anyone had some idea of when it would come out. Like an actual estimation. I wanted to here people's opinions not someone telling me to look at something i already did. I know that when Apple announces a new Ipod that it will be on the Apple website. Just look at the new Iphone coming out.

11. Moderator emeritus

By past records, September or so. If someone genuinely knew and provided the release date it would be front page news.

12. macrumors 6502a

they're typically updated around september/october. i'm hoping to replace my full 60gb 5th gen ipod with whatever the update is.

13. macrumors newbie

Touch vs classic

Why is the Touch so great I rather have more memory for music,video and such then the so called touch why is it better . :rolleyes: