New iPod features....

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by rayzor, Apr 18, 2003.

1. rayzor macrumors member

After going over all the rumors sites looking for in fo in the new iPods this is my 2¢ worth.

Colour Screen
    Video (new buttons)
    Slide shows
    Inkwell (e.g. palm)
    Radio
    and of course music

I think Apple are going to go all the way this time, the complete portable digital box.
    Also, iTunes and iPhoto will be updated.

2. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

If they add bluetooth, could you use this nifty gadget with it?

3. alexlai5050 macrumors member

4. JordanShapiro macrumors member

Here's the deal.

Unless they add something PDA or organizer-like, having Bluetooth would be damn near worthless. You want to siphon the Atlantic through a straw, be my guest. I prefer plugging in some Firewire goodness.

5. DeKa macrumors member

Exactly - who would want Bluetooth and it's measly throughput when you can have firewire speed and charging!

Remember you've gotta recharge the iPod somehow - it might as well be plugged into your mac meaning it updates as well.

Derek.

6. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Freg3000

The point of bluetooth wouldn't be for transferring songs, but rather for synchronization with iSync. I think Apple is aiming for the whole "Leave the cell phone in your bag, your palm on your desk, and the iPod in your pocket" when trying to making syncing easy. Bluetooth for contacts and calendars to the iPod would free it up from the FireWire cable.

7. Wardofsky macrumors 65816

8. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Yeah, but what I'm asking about/looking for is bluetooth headphones/earbuds. Would such a thing even even be feasible or advisable?

9. Wardofsky macrumors 65816

It could work, I mean every company is trying to out-do each other with what they call the "latest technology", but usually it's an old concept with new advertising.

Wireless headphones could get lost, run through batteries.
    But can provide more freedom in terms of the wire restraints.

Dunno, personal choice.

10. James.Paul macrumors regular

Looks like we will find out very soon what the new ipod will bring. Think Secret is cliaming there is an in store event on the 2nd May!!!!!

My thoughts - complete interaction with iLife - photo storage and viewing (iPhoto), quicktime movie playing (imovie) and MP3/AAC compatibility with iTunes. Bundle that with a colour screen and hey presto. It can be done!!!!! Possibly even a camera built in or available as an add on.

11. Wardofsky macrumors 65816

I'm hoping like hell for an add-on, my order for a 10Gb is in process.

12. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

i just want new ones with aac audio support now! i've been waiting since febuary! no JANUARY!

my point is i know they have them, and they must somehow know that i am waiting for ones, so they will wait untill i give in to release new ones! i know it!

13. Wardofsky macrumors 65816

If you think about it, rumors is one of the most powerful advertising tools that does not need to be funded.

"Hey, you. $10 if you post this up on a website"

Except it could go out of control and doing so out of your favor, but still,