New iPod game.

Discussion in 'iPod' started by MacBytes, Feb 27, 2007.

?

Have you purchased an iPod Game?

1. Yes

41 vote(s)
    26.8%
  2. No

43 vote(s)
    28.1%
  3. Don't own a compatible iPod

69 vote(s)
    45.1%
  1. macrumors bot

[​IMG]

Category: Games
    Link: Namco Unveils Ms. Pac-Man on iTunes Store
    Description:: Namco Networks announced the availability of Ms. PAC-MAN on the iTunes Store (www.itunes.com) for fans to purchase and download for play on the fifth generation iPod.

Posted on MacBytes.com
    Approved by Mudbug

2. macrumors regular

New iPod game.

3. macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

Well that's exciting. :rolleyes:

4. macrumors newbie

Does it come with a time machine, so I can go back to a time when I would be interested in playing this?

5. macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

The original Pac-Man is fun to play on the iPod, I can see this being fun also. Next time I get an iTunes gift card I'll probably purchase this. Just another thing to keep me busy ;) :D

6. macrumors 65816

Lone Deranger

Excellent! :) Now here's a developer/publisher I want to see producing games for iPod/iPhone. Screw (contemporary) EA, bring on the likes of Namco, Konami, Treasure, Midway, Hudson, etc.

7. macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

Lame. Mac news these days sure is lacking. I'm getting bored of it.

8. Guest

zblaxberg

maybe apple will finally get into some serious game development and who knows maybe they already have some that are developed...p.s. i love pacman

9. macrumors regular

Rychiar

damn my boring iPod photo and its inability to aquire new games....so not fair considering what i paid for it...:mad:

10. macrumors 6502

dang, i need to get an ipod so i can play this game

11. macrumors 68040

mattscott306

My day has OFFICIALLY been made.

12. macrumors 68040

emotion

meh, buy a DS.

(nano owner :) )

13. macrumors 6502

mozmac

It's interesting to see how the markets are starting to merge. Video game developers are starting integrate media features into their system, while Apple is taking its top media project and integrating video games into it. With over 80 million iPods, Apple has plenty of pockets to tap into and provide content for.

14. macrumors 68030

mdriftmeyer

It's always a fun game. I wish Game companies would release arcade systems like they once did for the Pubs, Bowling Alleys, Pizza Joints, etc., that are kiosks with upgradeable systems that could even be done via a secure wireless update.

Playing Defenders or other games on an iPod doesn't seem to make sense.

Having a beer or pop/soda while standing in front of the arcade machine is part of the experience lost in today's compact game consoles.

15. macrumors 65816

DTphonehome

Don't tell me, you're one of those teenage kids who thinks that whatever was released last week is the be-all-end-all of video game greatness. Sorry to break it to you, but some of the greatest games ever created are from the 80's and early 90's. Sure, the graphics and sound are vastly better today, but the gameplay often sucks. The crazy pixel-pumping power of today's machines is supposed to distract you from the fundamental problem of poor gameplay.

I'm always amazed at how much FUN the primitive machines can be, and how much effort went into extracting every last ounce of hardware capability. I have a Wii, and I love it, but I spend much of my time playing classic NES and SNES games in the virtual console. I'm a huge Ms. Pacman fan, but I'm a bit of a purist and won't play it on anything but a stand-up arcade. Doesn't have the same feel without the joystick and vertically-oriented monitor!

16. macrumors 603

wordmunger

How would the controls for that game work? I only have a shuffle, but it seems to me that you really need a joystick to play Ms. Pac Man.

17. macrumors 65816

DTphonehome

Behold, I present to you: Arcade Nirvana!

(But it's missing Ms. Pacman)

Well, you'll probably have some trouble playing iPod games on your shuffle :D

18. macrumors 603

SkyBell

So.. what's the differnce between Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man? (I love the classics, but I never understood the differnce..)

19. macrumors 65816

juanm

"The first 30 years were only the beginning..."

And now, Pacman...

:rolleyes:

No offense intended, I'm sure the next announcments are gonna be huge... I just needed to exhaust all my annoyance after a hard day at work.

Be happy, be :apple:

20. macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY CRAP !!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

21. macrumors regular

Unfortunately, most people who love Ms. Pac-man know that the game is only truly great when you're playing the speed hacked version. For some unknown reason, Namco refuses to let people change the speed settings on anything other than the arcade releases.

Thus, the recent Xbox Live Arcade of Ms. Pac-man was rendered almost worthless, and no doubt this version is as well.

22. macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

I paid something like $399 for my 30GB photo. I couldn't call my iPod boring though, I mean, it was the first iPod to have a color screen!

23. macrumors 68000

Different maze layouts, levels, she has a bow, music.

So, not much, really.

24. macrumors 65816

DTphonehome

Agreed!

25. macrumors 68020

guzhogi

I totally agree. One of my favorite games of all time was "Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade". Terrible graphics & sound, but really fun!