Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

In September, Apple released 9 new downloadable games for the Apple iPod. These games (Bejeweled, Cubis 2, Mahjong, Mini golf, Pac Man, Tetris, Texas Holdem, Vortex, and Zuma) were made available through the iTunes Store for $4.99/game.

Some Mac developers were critical of Apple's approach to the development of iPod games, which has prevented long time Mac developers from participating in iPod game development.

According to an anonymous report, Apple is planning on introducing 3 new iPod games at Macworld San Francisco 2007. The new games are said to include Jezzball, Snood, and Pinball.

At present, we have been unable to verify this list, and present it for discussion only. Macworld Expo San Francisco 2007 takes place from January 9-12th, 2007 in San Francisco, CA.

Meanwhile, here is one person's list of their top 10 requests for iPod games.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I don't know if it's real... Snood makes sense however.... pinball might be interesting... never played jezzball.

arn

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
Some new games would be a lot of fun. Now Namco's Galaga would be do-able. Also a gamepad accessory would be great, snap on in front of the iPod for use with games, more buttons and such. Now that would make the iPod a killer entertainment device :) :D

I think Apple has to open up game development to users (I guess like XCode) that would be so cool :)

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
Maybe you can play iPod games on iTV? Apple's entry into the video game console market? :)

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
OK, there's one game just crying out for being able to run on the iPod:

Space Invaders.

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
bomberman would be fantastic. i loved that game. don't know why though :rolleyes:

Let's just hope we see more than iPod games at MacWorld

see attached pic. :p

Attachments

• captainobvious.jpg
    captainobvious.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 1,358

gammamonk

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2004
Madison, WI
I was expecting 'List of games some guy wants on ipod' to be lame, but the author had some nice pics. I would love some of those games mentioned.

On a side-note, I have doom on my iPod, and I've seen screenshots of people playing halflife! If you want games, look into iPod-linux. It's free and legal.

Philberttheduck

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2006
HB, CA
All I would ask for is Puzzle Bobble, Asteroids, and Pinball. Jezzball is pretty fun as well.

Video poker would be boring as hell after a day (TI-calculators proved that to me). Bomberman requires too many buttons for it to work, but if they can some how work it, I'm all for it.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
So are developers able to create games now? I haven't heard of any. I would like to see more offering than just what Apple has.

From what I've heard general developers are still having a hard time getting in on iPod-gaming with Apple.

(Of course, the ones that are in contact are probably under NDA...) but that's what I've heard.

arn

Snood Guy

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2006
Hi All,

I can 100% confirm that at least 1/3 of this is only a rumor!

Snood will not be on iPods. We'd love to put it on and have tried to get Apple to let us, but they've sent us the same gibberish they send all other developers asking for tools or permission to make an iPod game.

We've tried to get a little grass roots effort to change their minds so if you like Snood and want to have it on your iPod, we encourage you to send an email to Apple and let them know and maybe they'll make it a priority!

Thanks!

Snood Guy
http://www.snood.com
http://www.WOMgames.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.